+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trane Arkansas

Post Likes
    you will get a constant 40hr work week with Trane if that's what your talking about?yes they will throw you out into a truck asap..realize Trane has contract service on all the big tonnage jobs they sell absorption,chillers,large rooftop tonnage installs,self contained like my pix.install contractors accept factory service as part of the sale..after the first year it's all theirs or the building owners to continue ..what would you do...?are you going to get 3rd year money from the union if Trane wants to pay it test or no test.important to find out from Trane shop steward how long are you on new guy status before you get a union card and bennies....45 days up here.one thing you can't go to UNION school and not have a card so one flips the other it moves very fast..rate,truck,union card,school,out on jobs.if the shop up there has apprentices lined up for a truck and you slid in and get that guys truck get ready for the politics of a shop suck it up and keep you mouth shut....don't opinionate on anybody in a group...and ask the lead guy any and all questions whle your riding shotgun with him it ain't going to last...Trane might have national contracts and that might be why they need a commercial guy big tonnage guys don't do rooftops at HD,TARGETS,KOHELS..and such...push to Trane on working on all brands of units national contracts ones could be anything up there...
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    Gotcha and ya guys give me a hard time cuz when i can ride with the boss here he has been doing this for 30 years and is a hvac nerd and i ask him all kinds of ??'s and when i work with him i learn things. They all think i am crazy but to me its knowledge i am learning and getting payed at the same time. I am willing to learn new things and i enjoy class's some guys dont but to me ya they can be boring but there is a need for us to go to them cuz every day we learn something new. So when i call her whats some questions i should ask the H/R.

Post Likes
    when do i get into a truck your going to sit with the service manager.HR is just the first step..do not mention money.if she asks you what kind of rate are you looking for? Trane and the union have to set that up according to my experience.no union talk on school or joining that again is the service mgr sitdown.if she asks what rate you made at the last job juice it up a couple of dollars but make sure you write the same on that application they will give you.if you get a application and W2 form walking into the HR you have the job already...believe me on that one

Post Likes
    So there is really not alot i can ask her. i wounder what she would say if i could make a appt to drive down there give her a app and resume if that would make me look better then guys that are mailing theres in or doing it by email.

Post Likes
    they give you the application don't supply one some companies use the resume as one ...maybe over night the resume to her directly shows eagerness on your part to get into Trane.then couple days later with a follow up call to see if she received it and "are you in the running"she'll have a set routine talking to you and what you need to have with the next sitdown which is the SM...if you sit with the HR i think your on your way into Trane...

Post Likes
    Well see Little rock is 3 hours away form here. She did email me a app i have it in my email as we speak. So i could drive down there take a day off and go down there and give her that and resume. Who knows maybe i could talk the the big boss the service manger

Post Likes
    H/R what she said in a email
    This is a full time position, commercial service only. Forty hours is routine, some OT during peak seasons. A new hire would ride with an experience service tech. When the new hire proves he can work alone, he would be given a truck and all the tools needed at that point. This position would require Union membership.

Post Likes
    if you were e-mailed a application you are as good as hired that e-mail wording is stroing and to the point send it overnight mailer with a follow-up you have to be in .maybe they hire different in the south.must question do you go to the union or does Trane get you in the union and what is the time needed to get a union card.note there is a fee to join it then monthly dues that you pay might take it out of your pay per week so you don't feel it.

Post Likes
    like i said i may call her tmw and see if i can just come down there vist with her in person and maybe if i am lucky to to the S.M. Things in person always seem to be better then over the phone.You cant tell alot over the phone in person u can tell body language and so on..But the union stuff if i was to get the job is a new world to me..and how much do they take out for dues just around about amount.

Post Likes
    i won't suggest going in to check things out let them say when they will see you..mondays are ZOOs in big shops.dues up here are $27 monthly so they take out $6.25 weekly and send it in.or you mail $27 to them.shop steward will let you know it the initiation fee into the local could be $100 to $300 get in touch with that UA-155 down there to find out..but stay away from them till they want you

Post Likes
    I see..i am so used to local things going and dropping things off and seeing if i can talk to someone.

Post Likes
    that's just the norm with any guy going from local to the "show" you going to see more tonnage in one summer then in 10 years with a small shop..i'll be very surprised if you don't get in..try not to mention money al the way thru let them throw out a rate might be surpried...your appearence and speech is all taken into account firm hand shakes going in,look them in the eyes when you talk..

Post Likes
    ohh diff so only thing that might suck is if they call where i work now and i dont get hired but where i work may not like that..

Post Likes
    your no in the field long enough to be assassinated,if they do say something or rag on about you,Trane could come back and say "so why are you keeping him"?the HR will only call for work conssistancy the SM might call to see if you can work out on your own.let it go and move on...

Post Likes
    very true..

Post Likes
    Talked to the hr I am faxing the app resume and my transcript to them. She has told the reg manger that does my area about me already..

Post Likes
    Good luck. I know you will like the challanges and enjoy the job.
    UA LU189

Post Likes
    Faxed it off. See what happens I am going to call and make sure she has it in her hand.

Post Likes
    your IN if she talked to the SM up there by you great time to get set in a new company espically like Trane for the spring..the local union thing will fall into place,and everything will just move along..good luck TIP...if they give you a pack of papers to fill out as you go into the interview...W2as they are talking to you the rest is all a formality.

Post Likes
    Called her she has sent it to the people that need to see it now its a waiting game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in