+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trane Arkansas

Post Likes
    here is 638B HVAC side of local in NYC 1st 6 months $10.95...2nd 6months $17.60...2nd yr $21.21...3rd yr $24.71...4th yr $29.82...Journeyman..big jump $36.30 .just so you know don't know how close the UA is down there but just to give you an idea of the bucks.being 27 yrs old there i also doubt it you'll pull the plug.you won't know what true experience your receiving now till you get tested or go on bigger more involved equipment and tonnages..and the politics....we tried.older guys that never went union missed the perverbial boat... and fight for each dollar ever year...
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    ok so if they want me do i have to pay for schooling and all that. And they are in little rock i am in mt.home would the put me in a place to stay if i got hired on and so on..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by allenb2626 View Post
    ok so if they want me do i have to pay for schooling and all that. And they are in little rock i am in mt.home would the put me in a place to stay if i got hired on and so on..
    No you do not pay for schooling.

I cannot answer the question about putting you up but I highly doubt they would.

I just looked, you are 3hrs away from Little Rock. Trane may be based out of Little Rock but I am sure you have a closer local that would provide schooling and such.

Just looked again, Little Rock LU# 155 is the closest and only local in your state. You would most likely need to move closer.
    UA LU189

Post Likes
    the add says they want some one for this area so they might.. maybe i'll call monday and get more info..if it sounded good anuff maybe i would take off a day to go to little rock and see..

Post Likes
    they might count where i went to school ?? its not a union school

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by allenb2626 View Post
    they might count where i went to school ?? its not a union school
    If your local is affiliated with a local college your schooling may count towards a degree, otherwise they will take it into consideration when you take the placement test. I'll be honest and say that work experience is more important than schooling.
    UA LU189

Post Likes
    i agree school gave me the basics but jot is where its at. my 2 years isnt alot but better then none

Post Likes
    they want you for that Springdale office that has a service group connected somehow to the Little Rock group..that makes it even more a yes to go...your definitly getting in a truck as asap with all that area up there.they will have you out on your own before spring rockin and rolling.you have to drive to school in their truck ask them..Trane pays the 8 hr day traveling wise.some of the time you'll have to absorb...but what an oppurtunity.....you don't pay for nothing school only one day a week and into startup season they loose you to school that's going to be interesting.inquire at Trane on the schooling where it is and do they get you into the union don't leave anything in doubt....sounds like they need you

Post Likes
    here is the add..

HVAC SERVICE. Full time, apprentice level, HVAC service position available for Mtn. Home area. Minimum. HS/GED, 6 month HVAC service experience, tech school certified preferred. Minimum physical required included, but not limited to, ability to climb and bend frequently, regular lift 10 lbs, frequently lift 50 lbs, and occasionally lift more than 100 lbs. Active driver's license, insurance and good driving record required. Qualified persons should contact Human Resources:Harrison Energy Partners, 1501 Westpark Dr., Ste. 9, Little Rock, AR 72204.

Post Likes
    Who is Harrison Energy?

Trane is Trane around here. I have never heard of them go by any other name.
    UA LU189

Post Likes
    look them up it comes back to trane..its crazy.. http://www.swtimes.com/business/arti...cc4c03286.html

Post Likes
    It's very common for non-company-owned Trane offices to use names other than Trane in their business. The Philadelphia, Houston, and D.C. offices go by Damuth, Hunton and Boland, respectively. They are some of the largest, big $$$ Trane offices in the country.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    So Trane truly doesn't own them its privately owned???

Post Likes
    No, they're not company owned. They still receive the company training and support, and do all of the new startups and warranty work. They are Trane in their area.

Post Likes
    so i take it everyone posting on here has worked for trane or still does??

Post Likes
    It's probably safe to say that current and former Trane techs represent a big portion of the HVAC-Talk community.

Post Likes
    since i am asking ??'s how hard are the union test??

Post Likes
    Trane might give you one to see what you know to see what to bring you in at dollar wise.the unions if you attending will be classroom teachings,with that 60hrs comng in you might be bored..Trane might put you with a lead tech and that will be the test to see if your able to be thrown out into a service truck...if you come in as an apprentice then that limits Trane to what they will send you on..keep in mind there are techs already there working there way up into Journeyman...and all of a sudden the "NEW GUY" is out in a truck doing service...so sell yourself. breakdown experience,talking to customers,how good are you with the digital meter,they do "TURN KEY " replacements stuff but i doubt installs.

Post Likes
    the h/r diff told me i would ride around with someone..But i know some unions make u take a paper test form what i been reading.So ur say if i sell myslef right and just so happens things go great all the way around the would give a 3rd year apprentice a set of keys and off i go..After i do a few months ride with someone. The studying i been doing union jobs are more secure then no unions right exp they dont have to work you 40 hours..

Post Likes
    There's no more security in a union position than a non-union position... That's a myth. You create your own security by doing a good job. No one is going to protect your job except you.

I'm not sure what you meant with the last sentence about working 40 hours... You should be prepared to work whatever hours they ask of you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in