Carrier Rebates

Thread: Carrier Rebates

Somebody posted that Carrier and Trane have rebates going on. Any details?? Is it just for their top of the line units??

Thanks,
    Vince

Vince,

One Trane dealer said there are no Trane rebates and I didn't see any on the Trane website either. HOWEVER, I believe April is a good time to put in a contract - - not as busy as summer months. Prices in Denver are better than they were last summer when there WERE Trane AND utility rebates. Did you read that long post I linked on the R22/R410a thread? Last summer, I got a Rheem/Ruud quote for similar as Trane AC. I guess you may have seen on my other posts, I put in a contract for R22 Trane XL14i heat pump. 15 seer supposedly gets 300 dollar federal tax credit.

Carriers biggest rebates are for their top of the line equip, but as long as youre getting a high eff. furnace and puron a/c, or puron H/P with VS fan coil, the rebates are usually $300+

XV,

Here in NJ we have a $300.00 rebate for installing a 14 a/c or HP unit. I know Carrier has a $1,000. + rebate for their top of the line stuff but that's kinda out of my league considering I have a 2 bedroom condo.

Thanks again for that thread, I was very informative. After reading that thread, I have made up my mind to replace my unit with another R-22 unit. If I had access to the line sets, I would replace them and go with a 410A unit. It just is not worth the hassle if something goes wrong inside those sealed walls and ceilings. I called the American Standard dealer back today, gonna go with the Freedom 80, variable speed, an Allegiance 14 seer, r-22 a/c unit, the Vision Pro/American Standard stat with humidity control and a bypass hunidifier. That should do the trick.

Thanks,
    Vince