Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some REAL men

So a service tech and a factory rep are standing on a bridge taking a leak.

The service tech says "damn that water's cold" and the factory rep replies "yea!, and deep too".

[Edited by Robin Boyd on 01-21-2002 at 07:30 PM]
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

One of the guys from the previous post is taking a leak in the office bathroom.
    A co-worker looks over and says "are you taking a leak or giving that thing a drink?"

"Not funny HaHa, funny queer."
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

No, no, the guys weren't together! You know, like THAT! Or did you mean "odd"?

It's a quote from my hero, Carl Childers. He told that first joke, in the least funny way it can ever be told, and I laughed my a$$ off!

Surely you have seen the movie?
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

No, I am not familiar with the movie or Carl Chiders. You mean I didn't make that story up? Educate me, what movie?

Thumbs up Sling Blade!

Yeah Baby! Sling Blade is the greatest movie of all time! Well, greatest movie without T&A.

Don't watch it with your girlfriend or small kids. Cause, when you laugh at some of that crap, they'll know how sick a pervert you really are!

But, Carl taught me how to speak correctly, and to talk softly while carrying a big Kyser blade.

"I think you right. . .that looks like one right 'der."
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

Talking

I think we all realize Robin is a pervert.
    Most men think about watching 2 women or being w/ 2
    @ the same time. But not Robin

Been there, done that. I am no more than an aging ex-hippy.
    What exactly is a pervert? Did I used to be a prevert? Am I destined to be a postvert?
    By the way, I even think about watching our two favorite red heads, BJ and Wilson.

Bama, I like Billy Bob so I will check out Sling Blade. For some reason I didn't think I would like it.

BJ, next time your up to traveling for good seafood let me know. Between Where I live in the Baltimore/Washington corridor and Ocean City, Maryland where my parents live there are great seafood restaurants. Some worthy of dressing for and some where shoes are optional.

Re: Sling Blade!

But, Carl taught me how to speak correctly, and to talk softly while carrying a big Kyser blade.

"wasent that bufort t pusser in walkig tall

No, ya see, Buford T (may he rest in peace) toted a big stick, but Carl totes a mean Kyser blade. (Some folks calls it a sling blade, but I calls it a Kyser blade) And, in a real pinch, when they ain't no Kyser blade around, s lawn mower blade can serve the purpose.

By the way, welcome to the board Az.
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

Hey Bama, on your suggestion I rented "Sling Blade". Interesting movie. Real character study. Some of the best acting I've seen, but would not want to see it again.

I guess the audience was supposed to get the point that all the characters knew what Carl was going to do and just let it happen. Do you think the boyfriend really deserved it? I mean if we hack up all the jackasses in the world, well, this would be a pretty empty forum.

PF= 5.5

I just typed a 4 paragrapgh response but my computer rebooted and I lost it. It had a PF of about 7.

I viewed Sling Blade as a comedy, except for the part about the baby. I actually had some dust in my eye or something during that part. But, the rest of the movie was truly funny to me. The running gag about the potted meat, the stupid, incompetent rock band ("the dots go where I say they go") the church guy telling the dirty joke. The whole thing about mustard, I laughed most of the way through the movie.

And, Yes, I do/did think he deserved it. Hell, I'd have done it myself, but a lot earlier in the movie.

In my last writing, I said some crap about Carl needing to go back, and all that, but I'm toning it down this time, trying to keep the PF below 5.

Sorry if I steered you wrong, I own two copies, do a dead on impersonation of Carl, and know all the Carl lines by heart, so maybe I'm a little sicker than I realized? OOPs, there went the PF factor again!
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast