Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    G'day all

Concerning the Hi Velocity systems.
    What is the ramifications of installing a heat pump condensing unit with a piston type chatiff (spelling?) LCD or perhaps something electronic eg. Daikin where the evaporator is a TX Valve?
    Can they work together?
    Or do both ends require TX Valves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fridgy View Post
    G'day all

Concerning the Hi Velocity systems.
    What is the ramifications of installing a heat pump condensing unit with a piston type chatiff (spelling?) LCD or perhaps something electronic eg. Daikin where the evaporator is a TX Valve?
    Can they work together?
    Or do both ends require TX Valves.

Thanks
    If you want a slim line condensing unit Espi Tech offers a 2-5 ton line up that matches well with the Velocity plus line. Narrow and quiet. They also match up with any air handler of furnace. To answer your questions however a txv valve is used on the indoor velocity plus coil module with either a r22 or 410 txv and can be either heat pump or straight cool. All indoor metering device.

When I look up the ratings in the ARI Directory, the official governing body for energy efficiency ratings, at ARI.org I find Unico but I do not find this product ESPI-Tech. Have they been thru the rigorous testing that Unico has, or do they just claim a 13 SEER on their web-site?

Quote Originally Posted by unicoshannon View Post
    When I look up the ratings in the ARI Directory, the official governing body for energy efficiency ratings, at ARI.org I find Unico but I do not find this product ESPI-Tech. Have they been thru the rigorous testing that Unico has, or do they just claim a 13 SEER on their web-site?
    Wow, I would think the owner of Unico would know darn well Espi Tech IS in the ARI listings and IS the only manufacterer who does so with a complete line of 13 seer High Velocity products. Please explain why the pioneer and leader of this product segment has not given the industry energy efficiency that is expected by the contractor and homeowner.

either way HV systems are tested differently with regard to seer.I think because of the "aspiration" affect.(humidity/comfort level)
    try to stay with a lower seer unit(13). The liquid line temps. on a higher seer condenser are so much lower that it can affect the system. The HV systems operate at basically 32 deg with a much higher t.d.
    We have been installing these since the Dunham-Bush days and if they are installed properly(duct layout-full 12' sound attenuators, sizing) they can be quite good.
    Most common problems with noise and or comfort level can be traced back to duct layout/sizing
    I prefer Unico- great support network, good build, good training

Quote Originally Posted by Haley0123 View Post
    either way HV systems are tested differently with regard to seer.I think because of the "aspiration" affect.(humidity/comfort level)
    try to stay with a lower seer unit(13). The liquid line temps. on a higher seer condenser are so much lower that it can affect the system. The HV systems operate at basically 32 deg with a much higher t.d.
    We have been installing these since the Dunham-Bush days and if they are installed properly(duct layout-full 12' sound attenuators, sizing) they can be quite good.
    Most common problems with noise and or comfort level can be traced back to duct layout/sizing
    I prefer Unico- great support network, good build, good training
    Espi Techs is operating at normal coil temps and charged just like any current coil in a standard system.

Thank you for recognizing Unico as the pioneer and leader in the Small Duct Hi Velocity product category, we appreciate your support. If you would like to compare 3rd party testing (Oakridge National Labs, SoCal Gas, ALabama Power, etc.) that proves our claims I look to it.
    By the way, I visit the ARI directory and look under Unitary Small Equipment and I see a lot of listings but not one for Espi Tek, maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by unicoshannon View Post
    Thank you for recognizing Unico as the pioneer and leader in the Small Duct Hi Velocity product category, we appreciate your support. If you would like to compare 3rd party testing (Oakridge National Labs, SoCal Gas, ALabama Power, etc.) that proves our claims I look to it.
    By the way, I visit the ARI directory and look under Unitary Small Equipment and I see a lot of listings but not one for Espi Tek, maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Unitary A/C indoor coil and now showing some models that are 14 seer with Lennox. Homeowners care about SEER and energy savings. They need something to compare to. When will you be listed 14 seer?

This is interesting.

Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

This was interesting up until it died
    I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

I will defend, to your death, my right to my opinion.

It died when Unico, the leader in this segment could not answer why they do not get 13 seer like Velocity Plus. They can not and will not and the homeowner suffers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123