+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolier shuts down

Post Likes

Bolier shuts down

We have proble that has been around for over 5 years and have had our crew try everthing but replace the controls- it is a 1992 PowerFlame buner with Honeywell control R7795 the reset trips almost every time for a few days then its gone and runs evertime for awhile and acts up allover.Have cleaned and tested all parts and appear to work right then get a call of noheat? Any thoughs would bee helpful

Post Likes
    solid ground? some stray voltage on the neutral? its time for a new one?

Post Likes
    at a loss all grounds are clean, tight?

Post Likes
    We have installed boiler on a new ele. panel added 10agw ground and cleaned all grounded spots and toqured down all.

Post Likes
    how is the combustion on it? could the room be possibly going into a negative pressure when it goes on lockout? is it gas or oil? have they added something else to the gas lines which steals fuel supply ?

Post Likes
    you forgot to clean a very important part

Post Likes
    what is the error code????????????????

Post Likes
    had a boiler kick my butt for a week--replaced a lot of parts and cleaned everything-twice and it still failed to lit off--turns out the ignitor had been there for so long it actually blasted away the metal and where the spark made contact was egg shaped---replaced that--never had a call again--still have old one in tool box as a reminder
    Rather be golfing!

Post Likes
    The problem is we have not seen any codes. as to neg pressure the room has a excellent flow of air. Its a Nat. gas supply is 2 inch feed from a high pressure line from National Grid.Worked great for 36 hours till it tripped out reset it and was working till i went home 3 hour latter. I work full time on site have three boilers in three buildings along with a 60 ton HVAC unit,also do all electic and pluming repairs.This our newest boiler with electoic start other 2 our bullet proof 1 is 60 years old other 45 years old all get NYS insection every 2 years.

Post Likes
    Have cleaned burnner and photo eye all other were cab.in fall and ran good till 2weeks ago,gas pressure is right on just stumped. would love to get rid of ele start and go back to full time piolt light.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy2002C4500 View Post
    The problem is we have not seen any codes.
    So, you have a display on the control and it trips and gives no error codes?

Post Likes
    There is no display tow lights 1 is power 1 is fuel is on this is a powerflame on a weil-maclan boiler, it trips and stores no codes that i know of.

Post Likes
    what about the gas valve does it have a (I'm at a loss for the name but) diaphragm in it and a orifice on the side to bleed the pressure out for a controlled ignition. usually inline with a solenoid gas valve.

Post Likes
    Missing lots of info here, gas pressure, combustion info, voltage, how about a flame signal? All wires are tight? check gas regulator for bugs or blockage of gas vent off regulator, crack the lid on the regulator (part that you set the pressure) and let it opperate for some time. I have had regulators that would lock up but that would do the trick, then replace regulator. Big thing is find out your flame signal and go from there

Post Likes
    Power flame is not unlike other burners. The pilot assmblies "wear" and it all depends on run time or how many starts. Is this a draft induced commecial burner? The pilot assemblies will only last 2-5 years. Sometimes as much as 7 years. You need a "trained eye" to notice at the end of the pilot assemly on some of these burners, that there is some wear or washing away of the metal at the outlet of the assembly. You will see that the metal does not look as crisp as a new one. Change the pilot assembly and leave a spare and some notation as to when it was replaced. The pilot assembly will look like a either a small shovel or a tube with some machine work at the end. The pilot assembly should come with the tolerances needed to set up the electrodes. If not, get back to me with the model of the burner and I will post them for you.

Post Likes
    Check the gas regulator vent screen if it has one. Check the tubing for the combustion air proving switch for blockage, this is a recycle limit. Gas pressures, draft and combustion should be checked, this will change from seasons.

Post Likes

Post Likes

Transformer

We had a boiler that did strange and unexplained things. All the boiler mechanics shanged just about everything. Then when we were at our wits end, a new guy told us that the transformers cause issues. Changed to a bigger transformer and problem solved.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Post Likes
    I'd start with a burner display module to find where in the sequence it is failing. Without that you need to go through ever saftey check. start with basics. Incoming gas pres, manifold, flame signal. But the honeywell display is the first thing i put on when i arrive at a boiler call with a burner control, before pushing reset install the module.

Post Likes
    After 2weeks boiler still working found bad regulator on pilot also called powerflame tech line to find gas pressure from Nat grid to be low in overbite hours due to everyone comming home and calling for heat they came and adjusted pressure on service.thanks to all who gave ideas to find proven answer.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?iq3pwb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in