Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missing lots of info here, gas pressure, combustion info, voltage, how about a flame signal? All wires are tight? check gas regulator for bugs or blockage of gas vent off regulator, crack the lid on the regulator (part that you set the pressure) and let it opperate for some time. I have had regulators that would lock up but that would do the trick, then replace regulator. Big thing is find out your flame signal and go from there

Power flame is not unlike other burners. The pilot assmblies "wear" and it all depends on run time or how many starts. Is this a draft induced commecial burner? The pilot assemblies will only last 2-5 years. Sometimes as much as 7 years. You need a "trained eye" to notice at the end of the pilot assemly on some of these burners, that there is some wear or washing away of the metal at the outlet of the assembly. You will see that the metal does not look as crisp as a new one. Change the pilot assembly and leave a spare and some notation as to when it was replaced. The pilot assembly will look like a either a small shovel or a tube with some machine work at the end. The pilot assembly should come with the tolerances needed to set up the electrodes. If not, get back to me with the model of the burner and I will post them for you.

Check the gas regulator vent screen if it has one. Check the tubing for the combustion air proving switch for blockage, this is a recycle limit. Gas pressures, draft and combustion should be checked, this will change from seasons.

Transformer

We had a boiler that did strange and unexplained things. All the boiler mechanics shanged just about everything. Then when we were at our wits end, a new guy told us that the transformers cause issues. Changed to a bigger transformer and problem solved.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

I'd start with a burner display module to find where in the sequence it is failing. Without that you need to go through ever saftey check. start with basics. Incoming gas pres, manifold, flame signal. But the honeywell display is the first thing i put on when i arrive at a boiler call with a burner control, before pushing reset install the module.

After 2weeks boiler still working found bad regulator on pilot also called powerflame tech line to find gas pressure from Nat grid to be low in overbite hours due to everyone comming home and calling for heat they came and adjusted pressure on service.thanks to all who gave ideas to find proven answer.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?iq3pwb

I've got the exact same issue with a power flame gun.
    M#C3-G-20
    I dont have all the numbers on hand but we had a factory guy come out last April and he spent 4 hours checking everything and found nothing wrong but the damn thing still trips out every once in awhile. We have a fireye control box and it only had an led for "alarm". You reset it and it fires, I've never seen it miss fire at all. Some times it goes a month, sometimes an hour. It's very frustrating for me as a technician who takes my job seriously but this one had me stumped. I'm gonna order a pilot assembly like one of you fine gentlemen said

johnbeck1000,
    When you change any pilot assembly, please take a very close look at the new one and the old one and compare the two of them. Please note where the "business" happens like the spark or the where the pilot flame exits the assembly.You will see on almost all pilot assemblies, some very small wear of the metal. At first glance, it may not look like much wear, but it can cause failures and a lot of frustration. General rule - pilot assemblies will only last about 2 to 5 years depending upon start up and run cycles. When you look closely, you may see what I am talking about. I,ve been down this road many times and been doing this for 32 years. I will never give anyone "bad" information.

one thing I've noticed is that if you don't have that pilot assembly in there just right, it won't fire correctly. Thanks for your help. We are actually in the process of replacing the gun with a modulating gun over the next year or so. It's a 3 million btu boiler and is over sized for the building. It fires a lot so your 2-5 year change system is probably 2 years for this boiler

Gorillabob Guest
    Does the lockout happen when the OA temp is below freezing? Could the regulator feeding the gas to the boiler be freezing up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12