Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

I'm ready for the onslaught

Right-wingers are less intelligent than left-wingers: Study
    by Sympatico.ca News

Controversial Brock University study looks at political views and intelligence

Do you tend to vote for right-wing parties in elections? If the answer is yes, you should probably look away now.

A Canadian study out of Brock University, Ontario, is receiving a lot of international attention for saying that right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and that people with low childhood intelligence grow up to be racist and hold anti-gay views.

The authors of the study published in Psychological Science claim that people with low intelligence tend to gravitate towards ring-wing views because they make them feel safe. In fact the academics also suggest that conservative politics serve as a ‘gateway’ into prejudice against others.

The research analyzed more than 15,000 people from two studies conducted in 1958 and 1970. Children were assessed for intelligence at the age of 10 and 11, and then the same group was asked political questions when they turned 33 to form a correlation between smartness and political views. In adulthood these people were asked whether they agreed with statements such as “I wouldn’t mind working with people from other races,” or “I wouldn’t mind if a family of different race moved next door.”

Apparently social status plays no part in this study and neither does education. The findings say that only innate intelligence is a factor into conservatism.

As expected, this study is causing quite a stir both at home and internationally.

Please, that's the best ya got?
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

I don't often get a chance to put out breaking news

I would bet some low intelligence left wing liberals performed and evaluated the study.

I am right wing/conservative and tested well above my peers (upper 5%) in all of the testing when I was in school. My step daughter also is right wing/conservative and tested in the top 5 % nationwide.
    I take extreme umbrage at such a ludicrous and obviously flawed and bias study.

When you consider examples of well l known liberals it is obvious how flawed this “study” is, Ted Kennedy, Sean Penn, Jennifer Aniston, Al Franken, Barbara Streisand, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid need I go on.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    I don't often get a chance to put out breaking news
    Sorry Mike,

I think you are a little late on this one.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1014681

I believe the study is correct. If you are in the top 5% and right wing, you'll soon see the light and join the left.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Sorry Mike,

I think you are a little late on this one.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1014681
    Bummer, oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    I would bet some low intelligence left wing liberals performed and evaluated the study.

I am right wing/conservative and tested well above my peers (upper 5%) in all of the testing when I was in school. My step daughter also is right wing/conservative and tested in the top 5 % nationwide.

When you consider examples of well l known liberals it is obvious how flawed this “study” is, Ted Kennedy, Sean Penn, Jennifer Aniston, Al Franken, Barbara Streisand, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid need I go on.
    Most of those people are quite intelligent. You just don't agree with them are are probably jealous.

Not to worry, we accept you as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    Bummer, oh well....
    Now you know why I'm so smart.

Well I am not sure you make a valid point with your list.

They are richer and more famous then most of us here.

That in and of itself does not make them smarter, however, I do realize that you are just expounding your opinion that really has no basis in fact as to how intelligent these people actually are.

But if it makes you feel better, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Now you know why I'm so smart.
    Yes we do.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Well I am not sure you make a valid point with your list.

They are richer and more famous then most of us here.

That in and of itself does not make them smarter, however, I do realize that you are just expounding your opinion that really has no basis in fact as to how intelligent these people actually are.

But if it makes you feel better, go ahead.
    Really have you ever listened to these people speak and attempt to make a clear and lucid point. I know many liberals that are perfect examples that would quantitatively debunk the "study" but they would mean nothing to you as you do not know them.

Really have you ever listened to these people speak and attempt to make a clear and lucid point. I know many liberals that are perfect examples that would quantitatively debunk the "study" but they would mean nothing to you as you do not know them.
    As I am sure I could find some conservatives that would varify the study.

Still it is your opinion about their intellect.

You came up with the list, if you can prove they are not intelligent people then I am willing to listen but at this point it is pure speculation on your part.

Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast