Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

yeah this will work.........

folks called a couple months ago, for "no heat" so I get out there in the dark, and see what looks like an old package heat pump unit on a wall next to the house. so I open it up and golly batman someone stole the compressor / reversing valve, accumulator & condenser fan. I see what appears to be a line set coming through the bottom, so I step back and look around and there it is.............. a heat pump condenser sitting on the ground next to it.

Now the kicker. the company that "allegedly" installed this makes it clear they will only "hire the best" and and in recent years advertises all their technicians are "NATE certified" what a "kick in the teeth" to all those who take pride in their work and are truly certified by NATE. this is not the first time I have been behind these knuckleheads.......
    Attached Images Attached Images    

i am at a loss for words on that.

i bet the customers wanted as cheap as possible.

If I was ever FORCED to do that job, it would be done properly and work as promised.

I would absolutely refuse to do a job like that it's horrible what u find out there.

That Engineering Genious!!!!.......In West Virginia......I'll have to do that to My trailer Home when I get back.....
    Jason J Saylor
    Pinellas County Schools
    HVAC Tech/Part Time HVAC Instructor Fortis College
    Pinellas County Florida

"You will encounter many distractions and many temptations to put your goals aside: The security of a job, a wife who wants kids, Whatever. But if you hang in there, always following your vision, I have no doubt you will succeed.
    Larry Flynt quote

No heat? Yea, no brains either..........
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

I've seen some franken-units like that on restaurants and drycleaners before...
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

There is a good number of crap like that in SW Philadelphia as the scumlords don't spend a dime...they get their "friends" to do that. Walked up on one of them recently where a so-called "tech" was repairing a condenser fan. I asked if he was certified...he ran like Hell. didnt see him at all for the rest of my time there (I was working on a quote to replace the system). Told boss to just walk away from that account...not worth the aggravation and would be lucky if new system would even last a day after installed (copper thieves).
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Ya really have to give a guy some credit, he took an old Amana HTM and converted it. In the process they saved a lot of money and a couple of years.
    Now someone can go in and do the job right

Wow, not only did they not install the pump above snow-fall, they just leave the old unit........and the home owner paid? I've had to wait the weekend to get paid, because the parts house closed and we needed a dress out collar, smdh.

Holy Craptastic!!!!
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

So they bypassed the pack condenser coil and re piped in a condenser that was supposed to run with pack evap and blower??? At least they get an A for thinking outside the box : )...

Quote Originally Posted by lilblew View Post
    they just leave the old unit........
    Think they used the old unit as the air handler.....
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast