+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can I clean with Isopropylic alcohol the sensor of my Inficon Pilot Plus?

Post Likes

Confused can I clean with Isopropylic alcohol the sensor of my Inficon Pilot Plus?

My inficon Pilot Plus digital vacuum gauge has been an excellent tool for me against the supco bg64. No complainments at all but suddenly it started to cause me a shade of doubts. I¨ve made some comparison proofs against other micron gauges and it turned out it is working fine but doesn´t return to ATM or 760,000 microns immedietly when it is disconnected from that deep vacuum and I have to wait for a little while after I see it displays 760,000 Microns.
    I guess its pirani sensor got dirty but I don´t know if I can clean it as other digital vaccuum gauges or, for better results, sending my Pilot Plus to Inficon repair Service.

Post Likes
    Don't work in AC but apparently there is a filter that can be replaced (not cleaned), and you can call Inficon for advice if that does not help (just Google Inficon). If you search in this site for pirani you'll find some other info, like this thread http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ghlight=pirani . The 99% isopropyl alcohol may be OK, but I'd want to verify that first...

Hope this is a bit of help...

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Yeah, it´s a big help for me... I forgot to say that I´ve changed the filters and it still works the same way I mentioned. Last thing to do is Inficon advice but not to mention the long waiting and patience till they receive my calls and e-mails...

Post Likes
    Good morning. I have been following your thread and I believe we can help you. You can use isopropyl alcohol (70% or greater) to clean the Pilot plus, but you have to remove the filter first. Just simply put a little in (~1tablespoon) swish it around and discard of the used alcohol, then let the unit sit for at least 6 hours to let the remaining alcohol evaporate before replacing the filter and connection. If you have any further questions or need any additional information, please feel free to give us a call at our phone number located in our profile. Thank you!

Post Likes
    Now I am impressed with this kind of customer service, not only the answer but exactly how to do it! if I ever need a new vacuum gauge, I know whose customer service to use as the measuring stick...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in