Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hmm Nate practice testing

where could I find on line practice testing for NATE certification?

Not sure about online, but your local supply stores may have something.

FWIW NATE is a joke. Your EPA licence holds more weight IMO than nate ever will.
    Its just another way for a compony to get money.
    Tell Obama he can keep the change

No place that I know of for free online practice questions... I do have a pdf file for you if you are interested

nate test questions.pdf.

You could try hvac-pro dot org
    Not sure how accurate the questions are, but he does have NATE and ICE practice exams. I think the creator of the site may have been/is a member on this forum. Click on the practice exams link at the top of the page.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

I recently took and passed the NATE core. Before, I also looked and was unable to find any real "practice tests". But here is a web site with really good prep materials. I used them myself and found it very beneficial. Good Luck!
    http://www.rses.org/nateexamprep.aspx

Thank you for Info. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mille Racer 69 View Post

FWIW NATE is a joke. Your EPA licence holds more weight IMO than nate ever will.
    Really!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    Really!
    [QUOTE=Mille Racer 69;12378651]Not sure about online, but your local supply stores may have something.

Its just another way for a compony to get money.[/QUOTE

So what you are saying is that you have an EPA card but no NATE certifications to compare it to.

Most people that make statements against certifications are the ones that can not pass them or are to scared to attempt. There is a 53% failure rate on the core exam and even higher on some of the specialty exams, but that fear is easily changed with a little effort to become educated about our industry.

With your statement "It's just another way for a company to get money." is 100% correct even if you where not using it in the right context.

Quote Originally Posted by Mille Racer 69 View Post
    Your attitude displays your ignorance of the market place. In fact, NATE was formed as an attempt to separate the technicians and installers who have attained a level of knowledge and competence within the industry from those who lack those skills. Since many will claim to have the knowledge, it's only logical that some for of proof of knowledge would be the benchmark. Much like all the race horse owners say their horse is fastest but how do we know unless we put them all in a race? Now if you're someone who only wants to own the fastest race horses, then you must look at each horses track record and decide which ones are the best fit for your stable. And that, sir, is what is happening with NATE. When a company owner or manager looks to add a technician or installer to his/her roster, a applicant with NATE certification is known to have proven a certain level of knowledge.

That isn't to say there aren't people out there who've not taken the exam who are just as knowledgeable but how do we know other than to work with him/her for 6 months or a year? It's just proof that you've got a level of knowledge in a general 'core' exam and a deeper depth of knowledge in at least one specialty. It doesn't make you the best of the best and it doesn't make you the best tech in the world but it does say you've at least reached a certain level of knowledge. And yes, the people who have NATE certification deserve to be paid more and the company deserves to earn more for employing more knowledgeable people. And there's nothing preventing you too from being NATE certified except YOU!
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Quote Originally Posted by skippedover View Post
    Your attitude displays your ignorance of the market place. In fact, NATE was formed as an attempt to separate the technicians and installers who have attained a level of knowledge and competence within the industry from those who lack those skills. Since many will claim to have the knowledge, it's only logical that some for of proof of knowledge would be the benchmark. Much like all the race horse owners say their horse is fastest but how do we know unless we put them all in a race? Now if you're someone who only wants to own the fastest race horses, then you must look at each horses track record and decide which ones are the best fit for your stable. And that, sir, is what is happening with NATE. When a company owner or manager looks to add a technician or installer to his/her roster, a applicant with NATE certification is known to have proven a certain level of knowledge.

That isn't to say there aren't people out there who've not taken the exam who are just as knowledgeable but how do we know other than to work with him/her for 6 months or a year? It's just proof that you've got a level of knowledge in a general 'core' exam and a deeper depth of knowledge in at least one specialty. It doesn't make you the best of the best and it doesn't make you the best tech in the world but it does say you've at least reached a certain level of knowledge. And yes, the people who have NATE certification deserve to be paid more and the company deserves to earn more for employing more knowledgeable people. And there's nothing preventing you too from being NATE certified except YOU!
    Well stated!!!!

knave, thanks for that info man....

I agree with Skipp. In this day of age its hard to know who you can trust to do the job right and if they cant then seek out the right answers.

Our shop is in the process of getting the guys NATE certified and educating because alot of our competitors just ride the coat tails of their name or who they know. I totally understand that no one can know everything but if your shop invests alot in education or hiring educated service or installation crews or both, then that to ME is more disirable .
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Just a beneficial note to you other NATE certified techs

Not sure if any of you work for a trane dealer or are trane dealers, but they have a website to take online tests and get NATE ceus for free! Maybe other manufacturers offer the same thing too. Not sure. But its very convenient for us

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast