New System Charge Question

Is it okay to open high/low valves in a new factory charged R4110 system while system is under vacuum?

A qualified installer already knows the answer to this question.

If you've got to ask, then you probably shouldn't be tinkering with those valves.

Yes you can although i weigh in any additional needed refrigerant 1st then open the valve

Quote Originally Posted by KATZ View Post
    Is it okay to open high/low valves in a new factory charged R4110 system while system is under vacuum?
    I have never heard of that particular refrigerant, but I learned years ago to open the valves in a certain sequence as a basic check for restrictions.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

yes. some manufacturers want you to do just that. open the suction valve to an evacuated lineset to boil off any liquid refrigerant in the compressor. york i think
    Two Hydrogen atoms met one day. One said to the other "I've lost my electron". The second said "Are you sure?" The first said "Yes, I'm positive".

?

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    Yes you can although i weigh in any additional needed refrigerant 1st then open the valve
    How do you know how much to add?do you always take it that the amount on the tag is actually what's in the unit?
    PA#9377
    Your Satisfaction...Our Goal.

Quote Originally Posted by openclasspro View Post
    How do you know how much to add?do you always take it that the amount on the tag is actually what's in the unit?
    Did you not get the memo? All u gotta do is grab that big line there see and when she gets really good and cold well thats about right!
    Two Hydrogen atoms met one day. One said to the other "I've lost my electron". The second said "Are you sure?" The first said "Yes, I'm positive".

Beer can cold ambarton?
    PA#9377
    Your Satisfaction...Our Goal.

Quote Originally Posted by openclasspro View Post
    Beer can cold ambarton?
    I never get tired of hearing that one. LOL

See there Mr. Homeowner, go ahead and feel that big line there. I got her really good and cold now. Did you say you had cash?