I was curious on how these things operated since the product manuals and site of manufacters offered little information on operation processes. One thing that bugs me is that the guard function by converting O3 to O2, but that leaves a radical O (catalytic process i believe). Does this racial turn into a hydroxl (OH)? I have also read a little about the ozone generators effectiveness but i was also curious if the guards companies use for things such as the ionicbreeze are capable of neutralizing the O3 it generates?

Ozone has a half-life of 20 minutes. If it is not combining with some type of carbon it converts back to O2 in most caseswhich is why it cannot be stored in a bottle. Ozone usually starts to have a noticeable odor as the environment is cleaned up. The level this occurs is 5X lower than the outdoor EPA limit. In 15 years I have seen O-zone generators solve every problem I have encountered. Plenty of bad science out there that state the opposite.
    captain CO

lol jim, i predict you will meet tony soon

ihaveaquestion,

The Ionic Breeze by the Sharper Image is a joke. Check out CR on the issue. Their patented OzoneGuard technology is nothing more than a marketing ploy playing on the unfounded fears of the consumer. If the Ionic Breeze needs an "ozone guard" to protect its customers then obviously it's nothing more than an ozone generator making ozone right where you live. Which I have a problem with.
    WHY?

Originally posted by Carnak
    lol jim, i predict you will meet tony soon
    tony??
    captain CO

Re: ihaveaquestion,

Originally posted by Special Ed
    The Ionic Breeze by the Sharper Image is a joke. Check out CR on the issue. Their patented OzoneGuard technology is nothing more than a marketing ploy playing on the unfounded fears of the consumer. If the Ionic Breeze needs an "ozone guard" to protect its customers then obviously it's nothing more than an ozone generator making ozone right where you live. Which I have a problem with.
    Never read where Ionic Breeze made Ozone. It is strictly ionization. Most ionization units are useless.
    captain CO

What would you consider to be a good Ozone machine?

Citywide.

"I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Re: Re: ihaveaquestion,

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim Davis
    [B]
    Originally posted by Special Ed
    If....

Never read where Ionic Breeze made Ozone. It is strictly ionization. Most ionization units are useless.
    "If" being the operative word here.
    WHY?

Originally posted by citywide service
    What would you consider to be a good Ozone machine?

Citywide.

Oh, I don't know.... Lightning storms? If you have a problem with nature creating ozone, you'll have to talk to God about that. Sorry.
    WHY?

My father has a machine...I don't remember the name of it right now but it does do what you are talking about and it does have the smell.

I have seen it clean up some pretty bad air!

I have seen an ozone machine used in an RV that was used by carnival workers...man that's some bad stink! that machine worked overnight (full 24hrs) and the stink was gone for good! Simply amazing.

Just didn't know who or what was a good machine to look at for purchase if I decide to.

Citywide.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Flux Capacitor 2000?