Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New recovery unit from CPS, anyone seen?

Hi, I just came across a new model of recovery unit and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it. It´s made by CPS, model number TR21. They have even something they call a "molecular transformator" model number MT69 as an accessory.

I don´t see that the recovery unit has a condensor at all, but they´re listing a high recovery rate for the machine. Is this just a "transfer pump" or what?

The MT69 looks like that would be the condensor, it´s supposed to easily fit in a 5-gallon bucket of water (or ice water I suppose).

The setup sounds pretty good, but I don´t see that the TR21 has a condensor at all. I wonder if this is just a pump and would be any good without the accessory. How is the recovery unit supposed to remove latent heat without a condensor? Looking for opinions here before ordering. Thanks, Henry

http://www.cpsproducts.com/#/w-Recov...sformator.swf/

By what I read, you use it with a recovery pump and it cools the refrigerant so it can be recovered faster.

I just put my tank in a bucket of water.

http://www.cpsproducts.com/#/p-recovery-equipment-tr21/

Here is the recovery unit I was asking about. The description says reciprocating pistons so it´s not a vane compressor. But where is the condensor? It looks to be low weight and compact, and really good recovery specs. But how is this going to recover vapor without a condensor?

Sales rep. stopped by the college the other day to pick up flyers for our Feb 14 evacuation training day and pulled one of those out of his trunk. I thought it was a vacuum pump to use for our lab practices. He said no it was a recovery unit.

Bottom line it looks pretty promising other than my students will get confused between vacuum pumps and this unit. If a condenser is needed you're supposed to use that MT69. For most small jobs a condenser may not be necessary. Who came up with the name for that cooler thing?
    keep your ice cold and flame hot

dawgtchrr, did the sales rep have a manual for the new recovery unit? None available on the CPS website as far as I can tell... I was always taught to "RTFM".

haha The name "molecular transformator" does sound a bit overdone.. Makes it sound more like something used to produce nuclear weapons or whatever. I suppose a TXV or a pot of boiling water is also a "molecular transformator"?
    Residential service call: " Well maam, we've located the problem with your air conditioner and it appears to be due to a defective molecular transformator!"

Too bad you didn't get to see the new recovery unit in actual use. Aren't these things all supposed to be ARI certified or something too? I just think that discharge and tank pressure is going to go through the roof if you're trying to do vapor recovery with that TR21 by itself without some sort of condensing. No way this thing can be fast if you have to shut it off all the time just to let things cool off. Make sense?

Recovery specs just look much higher than any other truly portable recovery unit I've used or seen.
    Last edited by eurocool; 02-07-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: question about manual

Wonder if published numbers are with or with out the MT69
    I saw them both and the TR21 it is small and light.
    The MT69 looks like nothing more than a protected coil of copper tubing.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Wonder if published numbers are with or with out the MT69

The MT69 looks like nothing more than a protected coil of copper tubing.
    It's all "packaging" Neat-n-Sweet

E-cool, he was on the way out and I needed to get back to class so I didn't take time to check it out. From what I saw the thing reminded me of something built for WWIII very heavy and strong.

Really don't see the benefit with weight? At 21lbs, they have more traditional models that are lighter.
    If you are recovering over 20lbs, you will need to add the molecular transformator at another 5lbs.
    Now I'm at 26lbs and my hands are all tied up (as if I don't have enough to drag up on the roof).

But I like the proposed speeds!

Guess we'll have to wait to hear from some real life field testing!
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Well, someone go get one and let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech it out View Post
    Well, someone go get one and let us know!
    I'm working with the local rep and would like to set up several different units to check recovery speeds using the new CPS here at the college. Would field techs have the time to come out one evening for a get together to see how fast it is and how it compares to other equipment? Maybe we could do this at a RSES meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtchrr View Post
    I'm working with the local rep and would like to set up several different units to check recovery speeds using the new CPS here at the college. Would field techs have the time to come out one evening for a get together to see how fast it is and how it compares to other equipment? Maybe we could do this at a RSES meeting.
    I'll meet you in Tuscaloosa! Come on down!

I,m in the market for one, will check them out before I buy anything else.

Here are 3 new videos showing the TR21 in operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqArRG8WkYY

Quote Originally Posted by eurocool View Post
    Here are 3 new videos showing the TR21 in operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqArRG8WkYY
    lol,
    Think I'll be sticking with more traditional recovery equipment for now
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast