Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

thanks, B.Loonie

will do that tomorrow with the outdoor pics.
    George

gto boy Guest
    The techs are not filter jockeys here,and they do caulk it back after PM,and as you know most of the problems on EAC occur at the power pack.If we had to pull it there is a FLEX joint on drop and furnaceand we have a sheetmetal shop witha PLASMA and coil line.

new to forum and job looks good, but i question the distance between hangers on the venting, most manufactures suggest every three feet on the exhaust side, also there are hangers especially made for the pvc but plumbers strap works too.

Looks good except.............Looks like the supply really gets choked down there as it goes up. Is that gonna be adequate? Also, being that the supply and return go up into the worst duct connection you could possible make(straight duct into perpendicular straight duct), what kind of friction is gonna be there? Hope you added scoops. Interested to see if you guys checked static after install. I would with the way the fittings look, plus having a coil and EAC. Hope that fan isn't working too hard. It might surprise ya.

[/quote]climatec54
    new to forum and job looks good, but i question the distance between hangers on the venting, most manufactures suggest every three feet on the exhaust side, also there are hangers especially made for the pvc but plumbers strap works too.[quote]

Had an unusual problem with a 10 year old Carrier Weathermaker a couple of months ago. The exhaust pvc sagged at a point because the supply air pvc had been strapped to it and created a small valley. Intermittently the inducer presure switch would sense a bit of turbulence from some condensate getting trapped there and not let the furnace start 1 out of 4 times. Yeah, took ten years to create the problem ...gotta have enough correct support to the pvc.
    Knowledge is information, Intelligence gains confidence...
    Wisdom, the ability to use Knowledge & Intelligence earns Respect

I don't know anything about static pressure/friction.....but when you say the supply gets choked off???it goes up and branches, one going straight up to the 2nd. floor, and the other branch turns and goes to the first floor run.It is not a 90degree entry..The returns come straight down from the 1st. and 2nd. floors. That other return is one I wanted from the first floor.

As far as the caulking the evaporator, if need be I will uncaulk everything and recaulk the coil. I am happy that all was sealed very well.
    Will take outdoor pics later.
    Thanks.
    George

outdoor pics

nice, neat work.....very pleased.
    George

amazing how the Carrier unit blends in with the siding, and the local paint store matched a paint for the intake/exhaust pipes(p.s. the odd colored siding was my wife last summer thinking of painting so stained parts if the siding with the wrong color paint....oh well........
    George

outdoor unit looks good till those 2 blocks start settling at different angles.

I'll come to that issue, if it ever does come up.....besides I taught math for 31 years and I know all about angles and how to adjust them....LOL
    great install.
    Have a great Easter

George

Originally posted by geoss54
    I'll come to that issue
    I wouldn't like the fact that grass, weeds and other plants could grow up around, under, and through your new unit.

A pad would be much better for appearance and would make it much easier to trim around.

As far as the rest, it looks nice.

Happy Easter to you as well.

I would tend to think that with a pad, water that entered the unit from rain, etc, would have a tougher time exiting. As far as growth-you still have to trim around a pad. Without sunlight, I tend to think that growth under the unit would be minimal, if any. I like the blocks , they seem to give better support than a pad-sturdier looking.
    My biggest concern is the landscape company workers that go around like lunatics with their weedeaters, regardless what is front, to the side or around them.....gonna have to keep my eyes open on Fridays......LOL
    George
    p.s. also with a pad, it being not as thick(high), the unit would be more subject to weedwackers hitting the sides.

[Edited by geoss54 on 04-15-2006 at 12:09 PM]

Originally posted by t527ed
    outdoor unit looks good till those 2 blocks start settling at different angles.
    Yeah I was very impressed with that whole install til the last pics that showed the blocks instead of a pad. I cant believe they did all that nice work & didnt use a pad. sheeesh.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

They did a good job,

Looks like you only have a large single return? (seeing the big return box above the drop)

I agree the the brick, You can get a good pad, and a pad that is larger than the unit and slite pitched to drain water willl be good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast