Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi,
    Just wanted to inform everyone that helped with my numerous questions that my installation has begun.
    It was so nice to have the installers here early to start. Two really nice, pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable guys. So far everything is running smoothly....we've had some nice chats....work is being done meticulously....politely, when I ask a question or inquire about something......the equipment looks great....Ended up goiing with the Carrier MVB v/s gas furnace, and the new a/c unit. I decided on the Honeywell EAC F300........and wow do they all look neat. The a/c unit even matches the color of my siding........But again, thanks to the 2 great guys doing the work-I have full confidence in their install and the great functioning of the unit afterwards. Joe dropped by, too, to bring some things and we had a nice talk...........Just an overall great day and great experience....no hesitations to recommend these installers, or the company.......thanks gto boy , Joe et al.........
    George
    p.s. let me mention, too, my satisfaction with the neatness of ALL work being done

[Edited by geoss54 on 04-12-2006 at 10:30 PM]

nice to hear a good story. post some pics when done.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Well,
    Ron and Steve arrived just when they said they would.....and the drop cloth was being prepared to lay down, but I said that it wasn't necessary, but Ron wanted to at least cover a small strip of hardwood flooring......again, the work was neat and done professionally. I was always consulted when there was an option to running the line....placing the unit, or any other pertinent matter. Very nice to see people genuinely liking their job and conveying that in attitude and pride in workmanship(5+ stars)......Everything is looking good, neat., and should be up and running in a while............

P.S. I used mastic last night on some of the previous sections, and on some of the other places....I am not a mastic expert....so anything grey looking is my fault.....but I am a sealer from way back, plus I couldn't sleep last night........

But then again, I am not concerned with how my mastic looks, knowing I am receiving a professional, conscientious, great install.....and isn't that what it's all about!
    George

question

I am trying to post some pics of pre completion.....just as a start, but cannot Copy/Paste? I registered at photosite.com, but the pics are small.....any help appreciated. Thanks
    George

[img]

[img] http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6...pletion4nb.jpg

[img] http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4...letion15zc.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/5...closeup2yk.jpg

hope this works.....have no idea of the size of the pics.......if someone can guide me to being able to put larger ones.....help, please

George
    p.s. just checked pics-size is great

looks pretty good so far.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

unit is being charged up......quiet, and will be posting pics later.

looks like a great install. Are gas shutoffs for the furnace code there. Maybe I just cant see it in the pic

how'd you do that Mr. B. Loonie?

Here's some pics from post instal. I was amazed that the intake and exhaust pipes were run behind the ductwork. I was told by all the other estimates that they would enter from the front and I'd lose space.....Great......Great.....job. Notice how clean the place was left.

I know it is not a Carrier Coil(Superior Coils), but I was told that was the case during the presentation. The SEER was worked out for the original 38TXA a/c unit. This new unit I have(24apa3) , I don't think the SEER ratings are up yet on the site that has them.
    Thanks.
    George

[Edited by geoss54 on 04-14-2006 at 06:49 PM]

Start the each image like you did but close each image with the /img in brackets. Gotta do that for each image, not just once in front.

Nice looking install! We're Carrier dealers, and I love those 90% furnaces. Love that Black Iron! I'm glad you got installers that cared about their work, and actally listened to the customers requests. I always try to consult with the HO if there's a choice in how something is run. As long as it doesn't affect performance, let the HO decide! It's their house!
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

With all that caulk on the evap coil door...how are they supposed to get to the evap coil for regular maintenance ??? I bet the maintenance slackjaw wont be caulking that back.....

also...and Im not too familiar with air cleaners anymore...but how are they supposed to service that air cleaner if it needs a repair.... isnt the top supposed to be removeable to access the electric compartment ??? did they remove the screws from the sides where the duct and unit are jammed up against it ???

Looks like a good job though...they evidently have a good work ethic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast