Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier Screw Comp. Oil PSI ?

I have a Carrier Screw Compressor (ECC360-336LRCP) The chiller is about 5 years old. I have this problem from day one-- when the unit starts it will go off on a alarm A030 (Compressor A1 Pre-Start Oil Pressure) This will go on for a few times and go away for 2 or 3 weeks, The oil pump has been replaced , oil solenoid has been replaced, the check valve has been changed, oil transducer has been changed-- when I vent a small amount of oil from the ascess valve by the oil inlet to comperssor after falure, the oil comes out like it has liquid refergerant in it-- The unit does not have oil heaters on it-- after I do a vent the unit will start a run like a champ-- should the oil solid, no foam-- The Carrier tech is lost--no help!!! Has any one had a problem like this??

Air cooled? Water cooled? Not recognizing that model number what part of the world are you near?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

I feel your pain. i have a pair of 30hxc machines doing the exact same things.
    i have swapped parts,replaced parts, sat on a 5 gallon bucket for hours with laptop hooked-up monitoring everything and still have not figured it out. Mainly on circuit "b".

Tech support gave up on me. My last option is to temporary install an ivue and trend all pressures. good luck.

I don't recognize the number for mandangle either. On the 30hxc to develope oil pressure you have to develope discharge pressure. The discharge pressure pushes the oil. If your condenser water is to cold, and your discharge pressure is slow developing, you will have a low oil pressure trip. You might already know all this, but I thought I would throw it out there just in case.

i think?? these have oil pumps that are used on start up?? but now i cant remember?
    i used to have a 30gxr or something loke that?
    it was air cooled with 2 screws and a wye delta starter, i am pretty sure it had electric oil pumps????????????? mebbe im wrong???????????

Quote Originally Posted by chilbrig View Post
    I don't recognize the number for mandangle either. On the 30hxc to develope oil pressure you have to develope discharge pressure. The discharge pressure pushes the oil. If your condenser water is to cold, and your discharge pressure is slow developing, you will have a low oil pressure trip. You might already know all this, but I thought I would throw it out there just in case.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    i think?? these have oil pumps that are used on start up?? but now i cant remember?
    i used to have a 30gxr or something loke that?
    it was air cooled with 2 screws and a wye delta starter, i am pretty sure it had electric oil pumps????????????? mebbe im wrong???????????

Well you know how it is this time you are right. The unit has a prelube pump on each circuit.

Wonder whet the temperature of your mechanical room? How are the condenser water sequence and temperature of the condenser water at startup?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Unhappy Oil psi

I have good oil psi after it starts,when it starts. It will not build pressure at start up, It is like it is vaper locked. The oil looks like it has liquid refregrant in it,It looks all bubbles,foam-- when it starts it will be 110 at pump-10.5 psi at filter, the oil is clean--new oil filters-- this has been going on for 5 #ucking years, I get no support from service. I think I will just have to live with it? Will not run it in a lead unit-- should have gotten a York!!

check and see if compressor is not flooding if it is then check charge, temp sensors and exv, also check your motor cooling solenoid and motor temp sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandanglelow View Post
    I have good oil psi after it starts,when it starts. It will not build pressure at start up, It is like it is vaper locked. The oil looks like it has liquid refregrant in it,It looks all bubbles,foam-- when it starts it will be 110 at pump-10.5 psi at filter, the oil is clean--new oil filters-- this has been going on for 5 #ucking years, I get no support from service. I think I will just have to live with it? Will not run it in a lead unit-- should have gotten a York!!
    Yeah York that's the way to go.Lol . Ever thought that it might be liquid? What's the temp of the oil line coming out of the condenser before the oil filter? Is the chiller setup for equal or staged loading?
    UA 100

I will do this on Monday, The unit is a E- Pack, a big package unit with cooling tower, pumps 2 systems with 4 compressors all in one unit--- Junk? I think so, It looks like a box car on a rail road train. I will post what I find out--- I am using staged loading- the oil temp. I will have to get, the unit does not have oil heaters on it, More info on Monday
    Last edited by Mandanglelow; 02-03-2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: More info

Ok I did some research and you have a 30HXA with a shared condenser. What is the ambient temp in you "package"?
    UA 100

I will do this on Monday, The unit is a E- Pack, a big package unit with cooling tower, pumps 2 systems with 4 compressors all in one unit--- Junk? I think so, It looks like a box car on a rail road train. I will post what I find out---
    Where is this job at? I cant remember if there is a heater in your box. I know its not insulated .
    UA 100

I will do this on Monday, The unit is a E- Pack, a big package unit with cooling tower, pumps 2 systems with 4 compressors all in one unit--- Junk? I think so, It looks like a box car on a rail road train. I will post what I find out--- I am using staged loading- the oil temp. I will have to get, the unit does not have oil heaters on it, More info on Monday
    My hunch is that your chiller ambient is below 50 degrees. Your oil pump is actually trying to pump liquid from the oil seperator. You probably need to add an oil heater to the seperator. Does yours have the automated logic controls on it?
    UA 100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast