Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wow. Marking all these books is exhausting... I've put 10+ hours into it and feel as it may be a waste of time. Hopefully It will not be as it is a prerequisite. It's just that 10 hours of studying could have made me feel alot better about this thing. Well, at least I'm not missing any football! (They say that marking of the books takes 16 hours, so I still have more time left). So far there is no mention of Manual Q??? Am I wrong in thinking that that manual is required?

Manual Q

Manual Q is used on the test a few times. Don't sweat Manual Q because it only uses the symbols. I can't say how many questions you'll get from Manual Q because everyone gets a different test since it is computerized. The computerized test grabs questions from a large "pool" of questions.

I got about four or so BIR. One was repeated. The one that was repeated was very easy so I know I got those two correct.

got to look triad up.
    Best of luck gil... youll do fine!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Thanks Warren... I sure hope so!!!

Alright I've got a question about Manual J Calc. Procedure 'A'...
    I've got a 'Study Guide' that states the infiltration cfm equation is :CFM= (A/C p/Hr. * Volume of Structure) / 60.........
    Now the Manual J has it listed as CFM= A/C p/Hr. * Vol. of Structure * 0.0167

Where did this first equation come from??? It is incorrect.... And what is 0.0167 representing?

Both are correct...

The answer is in CFM cubic feet per MINUTE.

Since the ACH is air changes per HOUR you have to convert hours to minutes. Hence the reason to divide by 60 (to get CFM)

If you divide 1 (hour) by 60 (minutes) you get 0.0167

So, both equations are correct.

@ Papa Fuse... Thank you. Great explanation of that oversight. However using those equations and plugging in the same numbers for the variables you will come up with slightly different answers. That being said, I guess it is the safe route to use the equation outlined in Manual J (Calc. procedure A).

Gil... whats triads site? only classes I have seen so far is charlotte and burlington on 2 different sites I happened across on google. My better half wants me to get on the stick.
    I know your work ethic and drive.... I know youll do just fine!

Thanks for the compliment Warren... I'll P/M you the address as I don't know if you can 'plug' anything on this site. I am going to the class in Charlotte although they have some closer. I was just ready to stop dragging my feet on this.

Quote Originally Posted by elevatedvagabond View Post
    Thanks for the compliment Warren... I'll P/M you the address as I don't know if you can 'plug' anything on this site. I am going to the class in Charlotte although they have some closer. I was just ready to stop dragging my feet on this.
    I dont blame you. My wife and I have been talking about this for the last couple of months.... and when I saw your post..... well.... the 2 of you lit my fire! hehe
    Although I just saw all the book costs.... yikes. Unemployment doesnt pay that well enough to get em all at once.

The State Board accepted my app. today... It's ON!!!! Time to check into PSI and schedule!!!! Thanks for everything so far guys.... I still have plenty of questions yet, so I'll be firing away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elevatedvagabond View Post
    The State Board accepted my app. today... It's ON!!!! Time to check into PSI and schedule!!!! Thanks for everything so far guys.... I still have plenty of questions yet, so I'll be firing away!!!
    Thats great Gil...... so was the holdup verifying hrs or what? or is the state just slow?

@ Bubbleheadski... It took me a few weeks to get my app out to the state. Actually, the state was quite timely. They did NOT reject my app. although I've heard some horror stories. I'm scheduled to go take the exam in mid April man!!!

--- If anyone has any good tactics or reccomendations for studying the Business Law/Project mgmt. portion I would greatly appreciate it!!!!
    The mechanical stuff is going fairly well, and sticking. The Business is 'Whooping my BUTT'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast