Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like the serviceability of the Rheem Rudd units remove the cover and it's all right there .

Quote Originally Posted by obandit View Post
    RoBo so far not one has said anything about ventilation. They looked at my attic to see how the old unit is placed, the duct, and looked at the cond. unit. Other than that it seems that they just want to put in anything that they use or whatever i want.
    If contractors are not looking at the quality of the existing ducting for air leakage and insulation, they are doing nothing but selling you equipment. That is not in your best interest.

Your house is being ventilated, one way or another. If you have bathroom and/or kitchen fans, fireplace, clothes dryer, central vacuum system or even if your home is multistory, air from inside of your house is being forced to the outside of your house. This creates a negative pressure inside of your house.

When there is a negative pressure inside of your house, air being removed from the house must be replaced. The better the house is insulated and sealed, the worse this condition becomes. For a healthy house that wastes less energy, your contractor should be talking to you about an HRV or ERV ventilation system to be installed with your new system.

Your contractor should also be questioning the capacity needs for replacing the system in your home. Due to poor initial sizing and upgrades in insulation, windows and seals in the house over the years, many houses can have less capacity HVAC systems installed.

Less capacity means less energy costs, longer running cycles to improve overall comfort and better dehumidification and filtration.

If a load calculation is not performed, as suggested by baldloonie, a contractor should at least be asking one major question; "Does your HVAC system run continuously while maintaining the temperature you desire, during the hottest and/or coldest days of the year?" If your answer to this question is "No, my HVAC system cycles off periodically even during the hottest and/or coldest days of the year.", your HVAC system is grossly oversized and the new system can and should be one of reduced capacity for the best comfort with the least amount of energy costs.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    I like the serviceability of the Rheem Rudd units remove the cover and it's all right there .
    You will get no argument from me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Robin, Ft. Smith is the only remaining US plant. Furnace production is being yanked from there going south. That leaves gas packs and the rest of light commercial only thing left in US.

What all does York make south?

As for bandit, I'd look for a dealer who has done a load calc, is quoting mid to premium equipment within whatever brand he or you choose and you are most comfortable with. The equipment is all pretty similarly built these days, cheaply. So the best install is the way to go.
    As far as I know, all of the JCI (York, Luxaire, Coleman) products are now made in the USA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12