Condenser Size vs Evaporator

Hello,

Hoping someone can assist.

Purchasing Concord 95G2UH090cv12 furnace. I called the Allied tech help to match up for a 3 ton AC.

Model number on the condenser looked good 4AC18LT36P but when I mentioned to tech that I was thinking of a 3 ton evaporator he said no order EC1P62..

When I went back to Concord website the 62 indicates a 5 ton evaporator.

I didn't explain to the tech that I had any previous problem or my location (southern Ontario). The only info I supplied when was the furnace model number.

Do the numbers the Tech gave me match up?

Thanks for the assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ral12 View Post
    Hello,

Hoping someone can assist.

Purchasing Concord 95G2UH090cv12 furnace. I called the Allied tech help to match up for a 3 ton AC.

Model number on the condenser looked good 4AC18LT36P but when I mentioned to tech that I was thinking of a 3 ton evaporator he said no order EC1P62..

When I went back to Concord website the 62 indicates a 5 ton evaporator.

I didn't explain to the tech that I had any previous problem or my location (southern Ontario). The only info I supplied when was the furnace model number.

Do the numbers the Tech gave me match up?

Thanks for the assistance.
    I would call them back and ask why they are recommending a 62k coil to match a 36K. I could see 36 42 or 48. They may have a weird rating

62 with TXV is correct. 18 SEER takes a B I G coil. On high SEER, some have gotten away from identifying a coil by "tons" and just giving the coil or air handler a number so people don't worry about putting a 3 ton outdoor unit on a "5 ton" coil.

why does this sound like a DIY?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Just Opinion, This is the Ask Our Pro's or AOP forum. In order to post responses here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. Please see my signature line for links to register and review the AOP Forum Rules. Thank you. Your post will now be deleted. Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    62 with TXV is correct. 18 SEER takes a B I G coil. On high SEER, some have gotten away from identifying a coil by "tons" and just giving the coil or air handler a number so people don't worry about putting a 3 ton outdoor unit on a "5 ton" coil.
    That match up will achieve 18 seer, 13 eer and a full 36000 btu's. The 3 ton coil was 17 seer, 13 eer and 35,000 btu's. Sounds like the tech knew something

Thanks Kevin, BaldLoonie. Thats what I wanted, confirmation if the Tech was correct as he gave no explanation for the sizing.

FYI-- Hvacvegas,

Picking apart wording of homeowners questions is easy instead of lending knowledge. In any case, based on your picture I think your time would be better spend on a treadmill for the next little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ral12 View Post
    Thanks Kevin, BaldLoonie. Thats what I wanted, confirmation if the Tech was correct as he gave no explanation for the sizing.

FYI-- Hvacvegas,

Picking apart wording of homeowners questions is easy instead of lending knowledge. In any case, based on your picture I think your time would be better spend on a treadmill for the next little while.
    Wow, poke fun at my weight. Real high level intelligence. You'd be surprised at the weight of the majority of the HVAC industry anyways. I'm on the thin side.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Lotta big guys in HVAC! Keeps them out of crawls & attics