Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

well THAT didn't take long.

http://marketdailynews.com/2012/11/0...-pistol-grips/

Now, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), who has championed gun control in her state for decades and co-wrote the original assault weapons ban enacted by the federal government in the 1990′s, wishes to bring even more stringent federal mandates to the land of the free.

What is being proposed by Feinstein is the most significant attack on the second amendment in history.

It would essentially ban thousands of firearms and require gun owners to turn them over to the Federal government.

I don’t have the minutes of the meeting (yet), but sources tell me California Senator and longtime gun-hater Dianne Feinstein’s legal staff held meetings on Friday with FTB/ATF legal staff to discuss a new “Assault Weapons Ban” Madame Feinstein would be looking to push through Congress if President Obama wins reelection.

This same “pretty good intelligence” says the items that would lead to a ban would ban pistol grips and “high-capacity” magazines, eliminate any grandfathering and ban sales of “weapons in possession”.

I don’t know about you, but if these things come to pass and I’m “in possession” I’m certainly not selling.

In fact, the lack of interest in the idea surprised the California liberal’s legal staffers. Apparently, they believe no logical person could possible disagree with them.

It's going to be an interesting 4 years. High taxes, elimination of the 2nd Amendment and a health care bill that has little to do with health care.

Good luck folks, we're going to need it
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Sick and wrong!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

They want to get the guns out of the hands of the people so when the tax hikes and Obamacare goes into full affect people won't be able to use guns to commit suicide. You know it can be very messy and the botched ones will add to health care costs and we can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    They want to get the guns out of the hands of the people so when the tax hikes and Obamacare goes into full affect people won't be able to use guns to commit suicide. You know it can be very messy and the botched ones will add to health care costs and we can't have that.
    I don't think suicide is what **they** are worried about. **They** maybe in for a bigger surprise than they want
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Molon Labe
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Folks I see and hear from have been stockpiling for this for decades...

If that California fruitcake thinks she is gonna get the guns... well she may need to think again.

I do not think the country will tolerate this.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I do not think the country will tolerate this.
    Most will ***** and complain a little then bleat like sheep they are when the government comes for their weapons.

Outrageous. They might have to come get the guns themselves, I don't expect reasonable people would just turn them in to Uncle Slam.

Speaking of guns, I'm looking for a reliable, not too expensive revolver-type handgun. Any suggestions? Mainly for home defense and recreational. Types, caliber, barrel?

I heard a DEA agent story awhile back... Basically the reason why gun control on that level (total confiscation) couldn't happen is it would take somewhere in the neighborhood of 40yrs to physically go door to door and collect the estimated 300 million guns in America.

That doesn't even begin to take into account all the hidden weapons, people storing them away, and of course the ones that would put up a fight.

Good luck with that.
    UA LU189

Quote Originally Posted by Phrancis View Post
    Outrageous. They might have to come get the guns themselves, I don't expect reasonable people would just turn them in to Uncle Slam.

Speaking of guns, I'm looking for a reliable, not too expensive revolver-type handgun. Any suggestions? Mainly for home defense and recreational. Types, caliber, barrel?
    If your hands can handle it... a larger calibre is better. You want knock-down strength... and a small round is not much for that.

I read you want a revolver type... might consider a 1911 style .45... they have GOOD knock-down strength... yet a hollow point will not go through the neighbor's house and kill someone. And they are easy to reload in a tense situation.

Note: There are a few rules with guns:
    1) TRAIN... that means practice and practice and practice... Oh, did I say to practice? seriously, shoot at least a box a month or more.
    2) Take a few courses on gun safety and learn what the laws are in your area... specifically how the local courts see defending yourself and your property.
    3) Start a relationship with a local group that believes in the 2nd amendment and make friends with a lawyer who specializes in defending someone who protects his life/property with deadly force. The time to have that relationship is BEFORE you need it.

Getting back on the subject of Texas... they have one of the most liberal Castle Doctrines in the country... that alone is enough reason to live there...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    I heard a DEA agent story awhile back... Basically the reason why gun control on that level (total confiscation) couldn't happen is it would take somewhere in the neighborhood of 40yrs to physically go door to door and collect the estimated 300 million guns in America.

That doesn't even begin to take into account all the hidden weapons, people storing them away, and of course the ones that would put up a fight.

Good luck with that.
    Most of the folks I know have two stashes... in different places. The rest is common sense.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Phrancis View Post

Smith & Wesson model 637 revolver in .38spl.

An all around awesome beginners, fool proof, goes bang every time, revolver.
    UA LU189

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post

Good luck with that.
    While I wont put it past fienstein to try and get an assault weapons ban.... you have to look at the source of that story. it came originally from a website that caters to the firearms industry...both manufacturers and retail. This is just the beginning of another onslaught of "Obamas gonna get them guns" in order to make every tom dick and harry run out and buy buy buy......

And of course.... you are right about the confiscation...... we dont have the manpower to do something like that....and the government isnt going to get tangled up in the legal mess.....and it would be an absolute mess.....of trying to compensate people for their weapons.

They ....just aint going to try and round them all up.

Another magazine ban...sure....pistol grips and stock configurations....sure..... but they are not going to ban guns and they are not going to come and collect what is out there already.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast