Confused heat pump not changing my thermostat setting

I just got a new York furnace, AC,heat pump( YZF Affinity series / 16 SEER) installed and new York communicating thermometer installed today.

The outside temp today was -1Celcius. The inside house temp was 18C. I put the thermometer to heat unto 20C. After 90minutes of heat pump being on , the thermostat was still showing 18C. It did not change!
    What could be a problem?

was the house warmer? was there heat coming from the registers? We need more info to help you

The house did feel warmer but maybe due to me working in the house (renovating bathroom). I checked some duct exits and the air was not hot but I guess thats normal because its a gentle heating compared to electric furnace directly heating.

After 90 minutes of the heat pump I switched to emergency heat and the thermostat did not take long to reach its goal temp of 20C.

I would call the installing contractor back out. At that outside temp, the YORK Heat pump should do fine. Good luck

i did call him back. he said he will come back. What scares me is that he said this thermostat is new on the market and its the 1st he has installed.

The 4 wire comunicating stat has been out for a little over a year. It is very possible that he does not have it set right. If he gets stuck, I'm sure he knows who to call to get the answers you need. Good luck

thanks

Could just be that the thermostat is set to keep the furnace locked out until its colder outside. HP's don't always do well recovering 2C when its below 0C outside.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Having not installed a york system with that controller, I can only pull from other dual fuel control systems that I have installed. In those, I had to set the balance point between heat pump and outdoor temperature. At that point, the heat pump will keep up with heat loss, but will not gain much. Raising the thermostat setting Could be that your balance point may be set too low.
    "Customer Service" is not a department, it's an attitude!
    ???