+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digital Gauges

Post Likes
    This site has opened my eyes to digital gauges. I look at it like this the ectrician had to make the switch from analog to digital and alot hated it and had problems but digital gauges in refer have been out for over 20yr now

Post Likes
    I also wanted to add that I'll be looking to buy a set of digi-cool or SMAN-3 or a testo but I wanna use them myself before I drop that kinda loot

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    FWIW the JB units on the shelf have been discontinued.
    I thought they had been....the word discontinued was all I saw when I looked at the JB website.

A fellow student just bought a set of JB gauges from our instructor....I warned him that JB was not the best, but he could not pass up the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by derb View Post
    Engineerdave is right about the compressor superheat. It has to be within certain limits. Some recommend between 20-30 at the compressor.

Dan
    Yeah I believe Copeland recommends under 20 for its scrolls.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by #1CDNTECH View Post
    I also wanted to add that I'll be looking to buy a set of digi-cool or SMAN-3 or a testo but I wanna use them myself before I drop that kinda loot
    Fieldpiece SMAN3 is $328.46 with hvactalk promotional code. At check out just put in the code “hvactalk”, then apply and you will get the 5% off the total cost of the product. Free shipping at shoprdholder

Post Likes
    I'm leaning toward sman3 this time. Digicool 1250 disappointed me when the thermistor wire broke at the thermistor. The wires are as fine as sewing threads. After a little bending and twisting it just broke off. I paid good money for this thing. Sure you get another under warranty, but its still the weak link in an otherwise great tool.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaallred View Post
    I bought my DigiCool 1250 (and love it) before the AK900 came out. Next one I buy will be the AK900. Too much bang for the buck to pass up.
    What's the best manifold for the AK900. Is the YJ Titan really good? 4 port.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdc View Post
    Why not use the one that comes with it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdc View Post
    If you need a 4 valve then it works fine.

Post Likes
    I've had my Titan for 3 years now and I love it. Some don't like it but I have had nothing but love for it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Yup...$300 plus shipping if you order from Canada...so 340 plus the cost of hoses, which you are going to buy with any digital set anyway.

My ak900 with 5ft. hoses with a ball valve on each hose cost me roughly $430....compare that to what the supply house wants to charge for the Testo 550...$387 with no hoses.
    I have Digi-Cool for $269.80 with the hvactalk code free shipping. the Fieldpiece SMAN2 for $262.91 with the hvactalk code. shop.rdholder.com. and Mastercool hoses 4000lb burst

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rdholder View Post
    I have Digi-Cool for $269.80 with the hvactalk code free shipping. the Fieldpiece SMAN2 for $262.91 with the hvactalk code. shop.rdholder.com. and Mastercool hoses 4000lb burst
    Who do you ship through?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Who do you ship through?
    I ship with via USPS Priority Mail 2 day 3 day on most, but something’s are shipped USPS Parcel Post, 2 to 8 day
    Last edited by rdholder; 04-22-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rdholder View Post
    I ship with via USPS Priority Mail 2 day 3 day on most, but something’s are shipped USPS Parcel Post, 2 to 8 day
    Very nice....I'm not a fan of UPS..you can look forward to future purchases from this guy.

Post Likes
    Have not read the whole thread... however:

Digicools is my vote!

I bought a 1200 in the Spring of 2007, converted it to 1250 in 2010. This is by far the toughest single electronic tool I have ever owned (including back in the professional auto mechanic days).

The 1250 is rock solid, the AK900 is great for resi work.

There is a thread somewhere about building yourself clamps for the temp probes (probably in the thread somewhere).

The weak link of the DC's is the wire to the temp probes and the plug into the digital head. I modified that part of mine... now it has NO issues...
    Given the multiple weak links to all the other digital heads, as well as the lack of reliability and not very rugged... DC is still the king IMO.

Richard; Were you in SC years ago? Thought I remembered you posting from there years ago.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Always wanted a pair of the digital gauges, just bought a set of JB 4 port 410 analog gauges today, im cheap

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmech12 View Post
    Always wanted a pair of the digital gauges, just bought a set of JB 4 port 410 analog gauges today, im cheap
    Digitals are kinda like having AC in your car... one gets spoiled in a matter of minutes. Also; When one realizes how GROSSLY inaccurate analog gauges are... well what can I say.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Did someone wake up a dead thread? I have s-mans and love them. Hear nothing but good things about digi cools from my co workers.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    have u got the new valve seats in your SMAN?

Post Likes
    I have to admit that one thing I REALLY love about my AK900 over my SMAN3 is the manifold. Those 1/4 turn valves are sweeeet.

I am totally spoiled on them, and every other manifold valve I use seems tedious and time consuming.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in