+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear trutechtools

Post Likes

Dear trutechtools

I would like to enroll in your "clover beiser" program where I can trade in my gently used instruments when the new technology is released. I am sick and tired of owning a sman3 when the sman4 is such a seductive tease. When the sdp3 is released at some point, my sdp2 will not be as attractive as the new girl that moved into town. .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    I would like to enroll in your "clover beiser" program
    Clover has way more shiny new toys than I do!
    I haven't actually accumulated all that many TruRewards Points with TTT.

The "clover program" requires that you have a sugar daddy(or uncle) to buy you whatever you want.

The "beiser program" involves being sworn to secrecy by at least 1 instrument manufacturer, extended communication with people that are on a 9+ hour time difference with you, and inside connections with higher ups in a company that reps multiple manufacturers products.

Post Likes
    What will the sdp3 be like?

Post Likes
    Speaking of Clover, Where has hvac5646 been?
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    I would go for that but I'm rough on stuff...I wish I could compete in the tool arms race with those two! :grin:

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    What will the sdp3 be like?
    Since a lot of you have the SDP2, We at Fieldpiece would like to know the same thing as Chuck.

"What would the SDP3 look like and do?"

Since the SDP2 was the first Dual Psychrometer on the market (that I know of) what else could it do to make your job easier, faster and better?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Since a lot of you have the SDP2, We at Fieldpiece would like to know the same thing as Chuck.

Since the SDP2 was the first Dual Psychrometer on the market (that I know of) what else could it do to make your job easier, faster and better?
    No. 1 would be to make it do target SH without needing a wireless device.

Also an anemometer probe to take a cfm reading, then it could readout real time BTU output

Post Likes
    If a hot wire was not a part of a combination tool,, I would like to at least be able to manually enter a cfm and have it do the math for Btus automatically.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post

I feel like I've had this conversation before...

Post Likes
    Interchange wands.

Have a few different wands that will record info.

Like a hot wire anemometer wand interchangeable with psychrometer wand. Just unplug the psychro wand, insert the hot wire wand, change a setting, then record airflow.

Once you've recorded both Enthalpy and CFM it will spit out an actual BTU output.

Post Likes

Dear trutechtools

Or wireless wands.

Stick them in the supply and return, sync them to the SDP3 handheld, HG3, or SMAN's and let the wands broadcast info.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Or wireless wands.

Stick them in the supply and return, sync them to the SDP3 handheld, HG3, or SMAN's and let the wands broadcast info.

Wireless wands....... That is truly a good idea.

Post Likes
    Picked up the SC 57 today, haven't used it yet. BUT I was disappointed that it didn't have a magnet to allow hands free.

Post Likes
    that means even more batterys
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Wireless wands....... That is truly a good idea.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Or wireless wands.

That's a great idea! Hope you get some kind of royalty when it comes my friend!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Picked up the SC 57 today, haven't used it yet. BUT I was disappointed that it didn't have a magnet to allow hands free.
    It comes with an easy to use hanger already built in!

Post Likes
    dual psychrometer with a lot of nicefeatures

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post

The "beiser program" involves being sworn to secrecy by at least 1 instrument manufacturer, extended communication with people that are on a 9+ hour time difference with you, and inside connections with higher ups in a company that reps multiple manufacturers products.

Gentlemen, this is a very important point for everything in our industry. I stopped talking to the drones at the supply houses years ago. I only get my information from the manufacturer's reps. When they see how much of their product you are moving, they get awfully cooperative and very helpful. Get to know them on a personal level. It can only benefit you.

Post Likes
    We are very fortunate to have this forum, there are many reps from many manufactures and they listen and act on suggestions. While the supply houses "can" be a great resource for some information, they are quite often misinformed and need to sell just to justify their position. I have been happy with Appion, and Fieldpiece and their prompt responses. I do like my 570, but usually grab the Sman. The selling of the software program by Testo just doesn't set right. I feel it is a money grab, and I feel that although they make a great product greed is rearing it ugly head. Probably won't be buying much else and have heard my thoughts mirrored by others. In any event I wonder if anyone else has a comment or two.
    Still it is great to hear from everyone about all of their experiances.

Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    Gentlemen, this is a very important point for everything in our industry. I stopped talking to the drones at the supply houses years ago. I only get my information from the manufacturer's reps. When they see how much of their product you are moving, they get awfully cooperative and very helpful. Get to know them on a personal level. It can only benefit you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    Speaking of Clover, Where has hvac5646 been?
    He's very busy on installs and running even more of our family business.
    I'm his apprentice.

Spiros J (cousin to hvac5646)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in