Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Digital Gauges

has anyone modified the ak900 keeping the exsisting ak900 plug to use the cooper temp straps

What's the difference between all those Digi-cools? ak900, drsa 1200, 1250 and 1600?

Does anyone know if you can get the AK900 without the manifold? I want to put it on my Brute manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by refertecbd View Post
    Does anyone know if you can get the AK900 without the manifold? I want to put it on my Brute manifold.
    Call them.

It does not line up with the BruteII manifold ports directly. You will need adapters to make it fit.

I purchased a set of Digi-cools a few weeks ago, after doing much research, and reading reviews and I agree they are by far the best bang for the buck, now I just need to purchase some better hoses, the cheap ones i got off e-bay were not worth the price i paid for them

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Call them.

It does not line up with the BruteII manifold ports directly. You will need adapters to make it fit.
    Thanks JP. I've been bouncing around trying to decide what Digital set to get.

I still use analogs and a Fluke 52 and been for 15 years, but the Digital's are certainly neat-o just don't want to sink a bunch of money into something that I'm not gonna like or will break after a Month of use.

A co-worker got the s-man3 and its nice but I like the idea of having em one the Brute Manifold.

do you guys use them for everything-leak check-service-burnouts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by refertecbd

Thanks JP. I've been bouncing around trying to decide what Digital set to get.

I still use analogs and a Fluke 52 and been for 15 years, but the Digital's are certainly neat-o just don't want to sink a bunch of money into something that I'm not gonna like or will break after a Month of use.

A co-worker got the s-man3 and its nice but I like the idea of having em one the Brute Manifold.
    I thought I'd like them on the Brute, too.

My DC1200 was on them for months, then I grabbed a YJ41 manifold out of the truck and forgot how light and convenient that they were.

I don't evacuate through my manifold, I use straight hoses, so that has no appeal to me. When I charge, I'm typically moving a LOT of gas and not trying to regulate or throttle it at all.

Plus, the brute valves are CRAP!

A lot of these manifold valves look identical to me

Seems like issues might have more to do with dissimilar metals more than anything.......Aluminum and Brass vs all Brass
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    do you guys use them for everything-leak check-service-burnouts etc.
    SMAN
    I used them for everything for almost a year. Just recently I started doing recovery with my analog set. I didn't want the burnout crap going through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kletty View Post
    For startups and charging. SH and SC. Only one guy at work has em and he isnt even EPA certified. He has the Fieldpiece dual temp thingy. Its plastic though and I dont really dig that. Seems to work good though. Id like to go Digicool or Testo. Dual probe.

What do you prefer.... Im still doing research. Leaning Testo or Digi and not Fieldpiece. Testo had the hard case. Digi seems to be great. Maybe the AK900?
    1st of all.. Hey Richard. long time no see...... How is the music going????
    digi,, testo,,,,,,,,, darn...... well, bro, I bought the testo 550 with the pipe clamps on here in a buy thingy we had bought 2 years ago,, I haven't had problems with them-- like the sight glass-- being able to see SC &SH at the same time--- not knocking digi cool-- I just haven't used them but every one here says they are the greatest thing since poon tang ------ or the veto.... . I know this won't help ya but if my testo's go out I am looking at the aka 900- just everyone is complaining bout the clamps-- Hell- I got the fluke pipe clamp on my multi and I use it to check the clamps on my testo just to see what's what's ---------once again... good to see ya on here every now and than ------ keep jammin
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

im finally looking to go digital ... everyone has an opinion on theirs . . be it good or bad ...... not in the mood to spend big bucks on a p.o.s ill have to send out for repair .... decisions decisions

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast