+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions to seal freezer panel joints !!!

Post Likes

Question Suggestions to seal freezer panel joints !!!

I have a 7,000 sq. ft. walk-in freezer about 18 years old. The seams between the ceiling panels are not sealed well anymore. Access to the top of the panels is not possible. I need some ideas or product that will help me seal the joints.
    I have tried silicone, wet and dry roof cement, thumb gum, foam insulation tape, cork tape, and rubber strips. All sandwiched between a 4" strip of .090 aluminum
    I have lots of condensation between the top of roof panel and roof deck (we are addressing this problem) so there is sitting and dripping water coming in. The temp inside the box is 0 to 5 degrees normally. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    From what you describe here, my first suggestion is to contact Munters as they have the whereabouts and means to tackle such an issue as yours.

As I see it, this is primarily a failure of the box seal to prevent moisture penetration from the exterior to the interior. If the failure cannot be repaired, then the dewpoint of the air on the exterior must be lowered to minimize or eliminate the movement of moisture to the interior.

Post Likes
    Company I work for has a guy that makes the material we use for just such a box.

It requires a shutdown of the box and thorough drying of all seams, etc. Any moisture problems above the box need to be addressed FIRST.

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

Post Likes
    Thank you for the replies. Shutting down the box is not an option. The company has no other storage area or the time for a complete thaw (to seal properly).
    We are adressing the dew point on the extierior wiTh air movement and de humidification. Would like to seal the water infiltration to prevent the large ice bergs on the floor and seams.

Post Likes
    The water is coming from the outside of the box. If you do manage to somehow seal up the inside, the water will still get sucked into the seams but it will have nowhere to go. It will then freeze inside of the panels and bust them apart. Good luck with that!

Post Likes
    Customer can rent refer trucks temporally. There really is no other way to do it properly. Temp fixes never work. My philosophy is if you can't do it right, don't at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk.

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

Post Likes
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in