+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rx11 flush retrofitting?

Post Likes

rx11 flush retrofitting?

Opinions on flushing lines when converting from r22 when lines cannot be changed. Is it safe to do those cans say can do up to five units, I did one in a town Home and had to change the dryer a week later the head would start slowly climbing until hi limit cut, I used a whole can just in case an no coils were involved both new??? Any takers

Post Likes
    We use RX11 and the 1# cans say good for 4-5 ton system. So we just tend to use 1 per system. Bigger cans, more systems. At least at this point, we won't try to flush a coil, you'll never get it all out.

Post Likes
    changing from 22 over 410a?

Post Likes
    Yes 71

Post Likes
    Heat pump??? Filter drier in right direction??? When we use RX11 flush I have kit that has rubber to make tight seal on pipe if possible have other tech with rag on other end of line blocking slightly use flush then blast with nitro do it several times and should be good But seems you might have another problem on your hands.....

Post Likes
    Ya heat pump w/ biflow dryer changed it and its fine weird huh? I've used the flush along w nitrogen gen as you suggest other times also and no prob I'm just afraid of later problems you know?

Post Likes
    We have used Rx11 and some other off brands (top tech is one that comes to mind) with no issues down the road. We loop the lines at the A/H and follow the directions on the can.

We have done this on everything from 13-16 SEER equipment with not a single problem.

Post Likes
    We use the Quik Flush in the orange can... it works better. You have to blow nitrogen after the flush, then pull a hard vacuup to get all of the flush out. You have to change the vacuum pump oil, as the flush eats out the plastic oil fill plug on the vacuum pump, and the rubber o rings.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Neill View Post
    We use the Quik Flush in the orange can.
    That's another brand we have used.

Post Likes
    A product we use is the Diversitech Pro-Flush but the RX11 is fine as well. Don't go cheap on using the flush. What's worse, using more flush to begin with or having a frustrated customer on a call back...to use more flush?

Post Likes
    Used to use rx-11 when switching to 410a. Then decided it was a waste of $ and switched to just blasting it out with nitrogen. No matter what the flush companies want you to think, the film of mineral oil on the inside of the pipes doesn't matter

If its a burnout and I'm changing equipment but reusing the lines I still use the rx 11.

If its a burnout and I'm just changing the compressor, I just use some big HH driers. I don't feel I could reliably get all of the RX-11 out of the coils.

I've never had issues with any of these methods

Post Likes
    I use Rx11 to clean my hands.

Also, if I'm constipated I use it as a hydro colonic.... I've had no problems yet except for the blood in my stool.
    WHY?

Post Likes
    I've had really good luck with RX11 as long as I use it this way.

Use more than what is stated on the bottle.

Do not use the pro flush kit. It doesn't rinse out nearly as well as the pressurized bottles, or at least it doesn't seem to. Anytime you can smell a line set after you've flushed it out with nitrogen and it still knocks you out from flush smell, somethings wrong. It must be higher concentration.

Put a back pressure on it. Make sure it comes out clear.

Never flush coils that are attached to line sets. If you are flushing a coil due to a burn out, separate it from your coils and flush your coils and line set independently.

Use more nitrogen than what you think.

Don't spray flush on your tools. They do not like it. You may end up with spots on everything.

Pull a long deep vacuum.

Make sure you don't just flush it out and be lazy by not changing out an improperly sized line set.

Do not use it as a hydro colonic!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    I use Rx11 to clean my hands..

I hope you are kidding (but I bet it does work well), have you seen the MSDS http://www.nucalgon.com/assets/MSDS/English/4300-11.pdf
    many of those types of chemicals can be easily absorbed into the body.

I like this http://www.handscrub.com/products.php

Post Likes
    I would not put that stuff on your hands or breathe the vapors
    Read the MSDS

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacmike85 View Post
    Opinions on flushing lines when converting from r22 when lines cannot be changed. Is it safe to do those cans say can do up to five units, I did one in a town Home and had to change the dryer a week later the head would start slowly climbing until hi limit cut, I used a whole can just in case an no coils were involved both new??? Any takers
    It's not recommended by Trane unless it's a burn out. They recommend nitrogen only!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Scaringe View Post
    I would not put that stuff on your hands or breathe the vapors
    Read the MSDS
    Okay, so it was a lame attempt @ humor. I'll try to be funnier in the future!
    WHY?

Post Likes
    We use Berryman's B-12 to flush linesets.....

I mean, what the heck....it works great to clean oil screens on Copelametic compressors....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    Thanks, will do.
    Last edited by jimj; 02-05-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Spam
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Post Likes
    deleted
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in