+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rx11 flush retrofitting?

Post Likes
    When we first started installing 410 systems we pulled new lines and only flushed the ones we couldn't get lines in. Then we started flushing every change out with rx11 then it kinda turned into it doesn't really matter what u use freon co2 nitrogen rx11 as long as u flush em and then pull a good vac peace of mind keeps me using the rx11 followed by nitrogen then an extra long vac

Post Likes
    All you need to know about this over-priced, detrimental, and useless crap is right here:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ighlight=flush

Post Likes

rx11 Flush

Have been using rx11 to flush my line sets. A lots of it, until it comes out clear and than some more. Insane amount of nitrogen to get it all out. Than puling deep vacuum, brake with N and puling again. I tend to be paranoid. So far no problems. (Knock knock!) I attended a seminar where the system clean up has been discussed. Someone suggested to install suction line and liquid line filters and run the system for a day. Than, recover, remove the suction line filter, change the liquid line filter and charge with fresh ref. A good way to clean up the coils.

Post Likes
    we have used rx11flush for quite awhile now. no problems, no compressor failures either.
    we have lost only one compressor in 10 yrs.....unbelievable? yes....true....yes!!!! we always charge by subcooling, only put in carrier equipment, and always do routine maintenance for min 3 yrs.

ps.

when i say we have only lost 1 comp. that does not include the bristol 2 stg recip(lost every one)...we nolonger install anything with a bristol recip/and they dont make any units with either....

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBacardi View Post
    we have used rx11flush for quite awhile now. no problems, no compressor failures either.
    we have lost only one compressor in 10 yrs.....unbelievable? yes....true....yes!!!! we always charge by subcooling, only put in carrier equipment, and always do routine maintenance for min 3 yrs.

ps.

when i say we have only lost 1 comp. that does not include the bristol 2 stg recip(lost every one)...we nolonger install anything with a bristol recip/and they dont make any units with either....

I havent had any issues either I wonder if its all a scam for money or if enough of the oil gets mixed it will sludge up and get nasty is that what the worry is? Most lines dont have much oil but there has been a few times I cut the lines and it pours out I cant explain that!

I say that only using it last summer so if any of em take a dump I wont know it til this summer, but I'm confident

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by josefbrunclik View Post
    Have been using rx11 to flush my line sets. A lots of it, until it comes out clear and than some more. Insane amount of nitrogen to get it all out. Than puling deep vacuum, brake with N and puling again. I tend to be paranoid. So far no problems. (Knock knock!) I attended a seminar where the system clean up has been discussed. Someone suggested to install suction line and liquid line filters and run the system for a day. Than, recover, remove the suction line filter, change the liquid line filter and charge with fresh ref. A good way to clean up the coils.
    As the manufacturer of QwikSystemFlush I will tell you if you have the time to do this it will certainly clean the lines but you have to recover and recycle the cleaning refrigerant and discard both driers. However, flushing the components (not compressor or expansion device) prior to reconnecting is certainly faster and cheaper. Our independent test results show it does a better job than R-11 would have done if you could still get it and better than other flushing products. Beware of imitators Qwik System Flush is in the Orange can. Don't believe me?Write me and I will send you a can to try. Just give your honest opinion after trying it

Post Likes

Hmm

we use a brand called diversatech or something like that. You open a can like brake fluid can and pour into this special container. the container connects to nitrogen and the nitrogen generates the pressure. Then we purge with straight nitrogen.

The other day we installed a 5 ton Carrier and coil but forgot to flush the line set. It didn't want to work right at all. sub cooling 50 and super heat 50. Recovered all 410a, flushed like crazy the entire system, new dryer, 400 micron vac, weighted in charge and then everything was fine.

OOPPPS
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

Post Likes
    Read the MSDS for RX11 it will alarm the hell out of you. From the MSDS of rx11

1,2-dichloroethylene 200 ppm, 8 & 12 hour TWA

1,2-Dichloroethene, commonly called 1,2-dichloroethylene or 1,2-DCE, is an organochloride with the molecular formula C2H2Cl2. It is a highly flammable, colorless liquid with a sharp, harsh odor. It can exist as either of two geometric isomers, cis-1,2-dichloroethene or trans-1,2-dichloroethene, but is often used as a mixture of the two. It is minimally soluble (5090 mg/L for the cis-isomer[1]) in water, and soluble in ethanol, diethyl ether, acetone, benzene, and chloroform.
    1,2-DCE is used as a solvent for waxes, resins, polymers, fats, and lacquers. It is also used as an intermediate in the preparation of other chlorinated solvents.
    The major health effect of inhalation of vapors of 1,2-DCE is narcosis; it has been used in a combination with diethyl ether as an anesthetic. In high concentrations, exposure to 1,2-DCE causes central nervous system depression; in milder exposures, it can produce nausea, vomiting, weakness, tremor, epigastric cramps, burning of the eyes and vertig

Post Likes

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by rdholder View Post
    Read the MSDS for RX11 it will alarm the hell out of you. From the MSDS of rx11

1,2-dichloroethylene 200 ppm, 8 & 12 hour TWA

1,2-Dichloroethene, commonly called 1,2-dichloroethylene or 1,2-DCE, is an organochloride with the molecular formula C2H2Cl2. It is a highly flammable, colorless liquid with a sharp, harsh odor. It can exist as either of two geometric isomers, cis-1,2-dichloroethene or trans-1,2-dichloroethene, but is often used as a mixture of the two. It is minimally soluble (5090 mg/L for the cis-isomer[1]) in water, and soluble in ethanol, diethyl ether, acetone, benzene, and chloroform.
    1,2-DCE is used as a solvent for waxes, resins, polymers, fats, and lacquers. It is also used as an intermediate in the preparation of other chlorinated solvents.
    The major health effect of inhalation of vapors of 1,2-DCE is narcosis; it has been used in a combination with diethyl ether as an anesthetic. In high concentrations, exposure to 1,2-DCE causes central nervous system depression; in milder exposures, it can produce nausea, vomiting, weakness, tremor, epigastric cramps, burning of the eyes and vertig
    So don't be smoking at the other end of the pipes holding a booty over them, LOL
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

Post Likes
    We use the pressurized cans with the nozzel that has a rubber stopper on it then we shoot nitro three to five good blasts through both lines and have had very good results good luck .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Weaver View Post
    So don't be smoking at the other end of the pipes holding a booty over them, LOL
    Before using any of these chemical Read the MSDS.

The major health effect of inhalation of vapors of 1,2-DCE is narcosis; it has been used in a combination with diethyl ether as an anesthetic. In high concentrations, (1,2-dichloroethylene 200 ppm, 8 & 12 hour TWA) exposure to 1,2-DCE causes central nervous system depression; in milder exposures, it can produce nausea, vomiting, weakness, tremor, epigastric cramps, burning of the eyes and vertig

I used R-11 to flush back in 1975 until Carrier and other manufactory would not warranty system that was flush with R-11.

Post Likes
    Still waiting very patiently for any of the manufactures of these cleaning agent stuff to provide approvals from any of the major compressor manufactures.

Bob, has there been attempts with your company to contact or get approval from Emerson/Copeland, for example. If so what was their response? I am being advised that Copeland, Tecumseh, Danfoss, Carlysle...all of which I have talked with concerning these products, will void any warranty if they find that these flushes have been used? I really wish to find the magic solution to improve burn out clean-ups or prep old linesets when converting from R22 to R410a. But true believer in following compressor manufacturer guidelines and just can get any of them to budge on approving this stuff.

Let me know what your running into on your end with the manufactures, curious what their reasoning is for not approving your product. Maybe they wish not to sacrifice the funds to run lab tests and analysis? Who knows. Not for or against any flushes, just interested why compressor manufactures dislike them.

Until I hear differently will just utilizing the current guidelines of the old R22 method. Even with the current hike in R22 pricing, still cheaper than half the flushes.

Post Likes
    This is a great question. Look if the compressor manufacturers find any brand of flushing solution in their compressor they will invalidate the warrantee and they should since a flushing agent will destroy a compressor since it will remove the oil from the wear surfaces.

However when a good flushing solution is used and followed by a proper evacuation then there will not be any flushing solution residue in the system. QwikSystemFlush evaporates completely and leaves no residue. QwikSystemFlush evaporates much much easier than water so if you pull even a slight vacuum, which is not enought to get the water out, the SystemFlush is still all gone.

Post Likes
    I can see your point and appreciate your reply. If the product(s) out there utilized for flushing linesets etc, if used properly, are worlds above the usual clean-out procedures manufactures outline, then just curious why they would not adopt them, but discourage it?

If I was a flushing agent manufacturer, much like yourself, I would be all over the compressor manufactures to join forces to re-write the procedures. Kind of see this like the oil manufactures that are on the compressor manufactures preferred lists. Not that the oil from BVA, NuCalgon, or Virginia (Parker) is any different, but seems compressor manufactures like to suggest Mobil (Exxon) oil products...so Mobile outsells the rest by shear fact they are the chosen ones.

Not sure if your dealing with politics, deaf ears, or what, but still love to see approval or acceptance from these guys.
    Last edited by slctech; 04-13-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Post Likes
    Just got off the phone with Rex Martin of Tecumseh Compressor, he affirmed that Tecumseh will null and void the compressor warranty if they find out that a system been cleaned with a flush like rx11. They have found contaminants in systems that have been flush into Tecumseh systems and compressor.

Post Likes
    Let's be clear, I am not talking about any flushing product except ours but if any manufacturer has any data to show QwikSystemFlush leaves a residue then I would like to see that data published so we can challenge the results. We would get an independent test laboratory to repeat their claims for validity. What I can tell you is that QwikSystemFlush leaves no reside in the system after evacuation and we have verified this in many many experiments. I challenge anyone with data to the contrary to show their data. Our independent test result data is at
    http://www.epatest.com/flush/test-results.pdf

Also we are an OEM, Mainstream manufactures all the Improved Environmental Control Units (IECUs) and modular refrigeration units for the US military. We use both Copeland and Tecumsch compressors in the units and Require QwikSystemFlush be used after a burnout and this has never invalidated a compressor warrantee.NEVER!!! Just so you know you can't just get out of a financial responsibility to replace a compressor without technical data to support your invalidity. I have never seen an negative data on QwikSystemFlush

Post Likes
    Any company I ever worked for only used rx11.i can't say I've ever had any problems,but then again would I have any problems if I didn't flush at all.i have heard from a major refrigerant manufacter that flushing isn't doing any good.you just need to make sure you pull a good long evacuation.of course equipment manufacturer require the flush for their warrantys to apply.

Post Likes
    Wish you would try QwikSystemFlush in the orange aerosol can. Independent tests show it works better and it cost quite a bit less! Send my your work address and I will send you a can to try for free
    We have nothing to hide

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Scaringe View Post
    Wish you would try QwikSystemFlush in the orange aerosol can. Independent tests show it works better and it cost quite a bit less! Send my your work address and I will send you a can to try for free
    We have nothing to hide
    My company's work address is bill
    Bill Myers heating & cooling
    15604 Darwin ct
    Laurel,md,20707

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashg21230 View Post
    My company's work address is bill
    Bill Myers heating & cooling
    15604 Darwin ct
    Laurel,md,20707
    Bill
    I will send out a starter kit on Monday
    Please let me know your thoughts after using it.
    Bob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in