Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashg21230 View Post
    My company's work address is bill
    Bill Myers heating & cooling
    15604 Darwin ct
    Laurel,md,20707
    Bill
    I will send out a starter kit on Monday
    Please let me know your thoughts after using it.
    Bob

Ty and I will

Got the kit bob,thanks.just wondering,I got my refrigeration cert from mainstream engineering is this the same company.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashg21230 View Post
    Got the kit bob,thanks.just wondering,I got my refrigeration cert from mainstream engineering is this the same company.
    Yes
    We also make the QwikLug terminal repair kit, QwikCheck acid test kit, QwikShot acid treatment, a mold test kit and a bunch more.
    I think you will find the System flush works better than anyone else's and cost less.
    Bob

Hey bob,just used that flush you sent us,seemed to have worked very well as system smelled fresh and clean,I can see us using it from now on.

Great
    You will also find it cost quite a bit less money which is aways good
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    I use Rx11 to clean my hands.

Also, if I'm constipated I use it as a hydro colonic.... I've had no problems yet except for the blood in my stool.
    OxyClean will get the blood stains right out of your underwear.

Is it possible / advisable to flush from the AH thru the suction line and thru the reversing valve while the compressor is removed? Would RX11 or System Flush damage the RV?

On a slow day at the shop before all the super hot weather came through, we took a lineset that was from a burn out and tested RX11, Quick system flush and rubbing alcohol. The lineset set was 75' long so we cut it into 3 20' sections and flushed both the 3/8 & 7/8 with nitrogen and the solvents. We flushed the linesets into 5 gallon white buckets to see what kinda garbage came out. Then we cut the linesets apart at half way to check and see if the copper was cleaned. The RX11 and Quick system flush both worked great, the shocker was how well the rubbing alcohol worked! The rubbing alcohol seemed to be darker in our white buckets after the flush and when looking at the lineset it looked very, very clean, I was impressed! We don't use rubbing alcohol because it's not approved by the OEM but it did work! Too bad cause rubbing alcohol is real cheap compared to the flush kits!

Quote Originally Posted by jhthornt View Post
    Is it possible / advisable to flush from the AH thru the suction line and thru the reversing valve while the compressor is removed? Would RX11 or System Flush damage the RV?
    No Qwik System Flush will not bother the reversing valve

Quote Originally Posted by stay gold jonny View Post
    On a slow day at the shop before all the super hot weather came through, we took a lineset that was from a burn out and tested RX11, Quick system flush and rubbing alcohol. The lineset set was 75' long so we cut it into 3 20' sections and flushed both the 3/8 & 7/8 with nitrogen and the solvents. We flushed the linesets into 5 gallon white buckets to see what kinda garbage came out. Then we cut the linesets apart at half way to check and see if the copper was cleaned. The RX11 and Quick system flush both worked great, the shocker was how well the rubbing alcohol worked! The rubbing alcohol seemed to be darker in our white buckets after the flush and when looking at the lineset it looked very, very clean, I was impressed! We don't use rubbing alcohol because it's not approved by the OEM but it did work! Too bad cause rubbing alcohol is real cheap compared to the flush kits!
    Rubbing alcohol has lots of water in it so in addition to being flammable it also adds water into the line set making evacuation slower

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Scaringe View Post
    Rubbing alcohol has lots of water in it so in addition to being flammable it also adds water into the line set making evacuation slower
    Rubbing alcohol is pretty much unacceptable, because it has 30% water by volume,but HEET-iso sold in auto supply place is anhydrous alcohol.

Whatever is in Qwik Flush, the 68C 1.29g/cm^3 and the fact it gives off corrosive fumes indicates its a halocarbon. Transdichloroethylene maybe? Can someone tell me Qwik Flush gives positive for chlorine on their halide torch? If it turns green its got chlorine.
    68C is awfully high though. Must be hard to dry.

old school brake cleaner would work great, but its banned now. (methyl chloroform)
    New chlorinated one is just not volatile enough.
    The non chlorinated one, though should be fairly good. According to MSDS CRC brake cleaner and carburetor cleaner are identical except the packaging.

In response to phase out of HCFC-141b (that was the interim replacement to CFC-11) I believe Subaru approves the use of brake cleaner in A/C flush in one of their factory service manuals.

Anything you use is bad for the environment in their own way.

CFC-11 and HCFC-141b makes holes in ozone and warms up teh globe. PFCs and HFCs warm up the earth. Alcohols and flammable stuff are considered VOCs that make photochemical smog or something.

Seriously though, I believe carburetor and brake cleaner (non chlorinated) are more or less comparable to 141b in cleaning power.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234