Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 52
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    I use Rx11 to clean my hands..

    I hope you are kidding (but I bet it does work well), have you seen the MSDS http://www.nucalgon.com/assets/MSDS/English/4300-11.pdf
    many of those types of chemicals can be easily absorbed into the body.

    I like this http://www.handscrub.com/products.php


  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Rockledge, Florida
    Posts
    52
    I would not put that stuff on your hands or breathe the vapors
    Read the MSDS

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,366
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacmike85 View Post
    Opinions on flushing lines when converting from r22 when lines cannot be changed. Is it safe to do those cans say can do up to five units, I did one in a town Home and had to change the dryer a week later the head would start slowly climbing until hi limit cut, I used a whole can just in case an no coils were involved both new??? Any takers
    It's not recommended by Trane unless it's a burn out. They recommend nitrogen only!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

    Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL.
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Scaringe View Post
    I would not put that stuff on your hands or breathe the vapors
    Read the MSDS
    Okay, so it was a lame attempt @ humor. I'll try to be funnier in the future!
    WHY?

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    9,441
    We use Berryman's B-12 to flush linesets.....

    I mean, what the heck....it works great to clean oil screens on Copelametic compressors....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,366
    Thanks, will do.
    Last edited by jimj; 02-05-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Spam
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

    Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    2,919
    deleted
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    babson park fl
    Posts
    7
    When we first started installing 410 systems we pulled new lines and only flushed the ones we couldn't get lines in. Then we started flushing every change out with rx11 then it kinda turned into it doesn't really matter what u use freon co2 nitrogen rx11 as long as u flush em and then pull a good vac peace of mind keeps me using the rx11 followed by nitrogen then an extra long vac

  9. #22
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Salt Lake City/Tooele
    Posts
    2,461
    All you need to know about this over-priced, detrimental, and useless crap is right here:

    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ighlight=flush

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lomita, CA
    Posts
    64

    rx11 Flush

    Have been using rx11 to flush my line sets. A lots of it, until it comes out clear and than some more. Insane amount of nitrogen to get it all out. Than puling deep vacuum, brake with N and puling again. I tend to be paranoid. So far no problems. (Knock knock!) I attended a seminar where the system clean up has been discussed. Someone suggested to install suction line and liquid line filters and run the system for a day. Than, recover, remove the suction line filter, change the liquid line filter and charge with fresh ref. A good way to clean up the coils.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    478
    we have used rx11flush for quite awhile now. no problems, no compressor failures either.
    we have lost only one compressor in 10 yrs.....unbelievable? yes....true....yes!!!! we always charge by subcooling, only put in carrier equipment, and always do routine maintenance for min 3 yrs.

    ps.

    when i say we have only lost 1 comp. that does not include the bristol 2 stg recip(lost every one)...we nolonger install anything with a bristol recip/and they dont make any units with either....


    Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!


    Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    indy
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBacardi View Post
    we have used rx11flush for quite awhile now. no problems, no compressor failures either.
    we have lost only one compressor in 10 yrs.....unbelievable? yes....true....yes!!!! we always charge by subcooling, only put in carrier equipment, and always do routine maintenance for min 3 yrs.

    ps.

    when i say we have only lost 1 comp. that does not include the bristol 2 stg recip(lost every one)...we nolonger install anything with a bristol recip/and they dont make any units with either....

    I havent had any issues either I wonder if its all a scam for money or if enough of the oil gets mixed it will sludge up and get nasty is that what the worry is? Most lines dont have much oil but there has been a few times I cut the lines and it pours out I cant explain that!

    I say that only using it last summer so if any of em take a dump I wont know it til this summer, but I'm confident

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Rockledge, Florida
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by josefbrunclik View Post
    Have been using rx11 to flush my line sets. A lots of it, until it comes out clear and than some more. Insane amount of nitrogen to get it all out. Than puling deep vacuum, brake with N and puling again. I tend to be paranoid. So far no problems. (Knock knock!) I attended a seminar where the system clean up has been discussed. Someone suggested to install suction line and liquid line filters and run the system for a day. Than, recover, remove the suction line filter, change the liquid line filter and charge with fresh ref. A good way to clean up the coils.
    As the manufacturer of QwikSystemFlush I will tell you if you have the time to do this it will certainly clean the lines but you have to recover and recycle the cleaning refrigerant and discard both driers. However, flushing the components (not compressor or expansion device) prior to reconnecting is certainly faster and cheaper. Our independent test results show it does a better job than R-11 would have done if you could still get it and better than other flushing products. Beware of imitators Qwik System Flush is in the Orange can. Don't believe me?Write me and I will send you a can to try. Just give your honest opinion after trying it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event