20 minutes later it shuts off

20 minutes later it shuts off

I am working on a Lennox FP and the complaint is that the FP goes out after 20 minutes or so. Sure enough, I turn it on and read the paper, 20 min or so later off it goes. I hit the wall switch and restart it and agin 20 minutes later, out she goes. What gives ??

What are your MV doing when the burner is running? Have you checked that the venting is clear and it's not tripping a limit? Look at the pilot flame when the main burner is running. A couple of issues I've seen are that the air being drawn into the unit pushes the pilot flame away from the t-pile and drops the MV enough to drop the main burner. I've had to make a small sheet metal shield to keep the draft off the pilot. Another issue is a restriction in the gas supply so when the main burner comes on the pilot flame shrinks a little and gives the same result. Also check that all the wiring connections are clean and tight. As they heat up and expand they could cause a poor connection.
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Or it is probably a dirty pilot

lol...see the other thread...

i bet one dollar and 24 cents.....decora switch on wall...use toggle and all will be good...

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???