Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nique View Post
    i've used rydlyme for years and know exactly what you are talking about. i've had tubes that are so bad i've had to drill them. once the tubes have flow I run the rydlyme for two hours, always bright and clean. I have never had to run it longer then that. if I had to drill them I always get them tested and have never had a problem.
    How much you guys using? ive got to do a 450 ton cvhe. how many gallons u think i would need?
    thanks

Figure your barrel volume and mix it at 50% to start.

It's not cheap but it works. Buy once, cry once.

You will need to test the pH levels to know when it's done working. I picked up a digital pH tester at a local pool & spa store for $75.

You can call tech support and they can give you approximate barrel volumes and required pH levels, they are very helpful.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

you dont want to go above a 50% solution in a chiller or tower while using rydlime, above a 35% solution on aluminium...

as said by zw17 check the ph and if you can drop some on the concrete(dry area thats not painted or sealed) and watch for a reaction... Ive seen low ph and its not removing scale, I.E. no reaction.
    at this point i had to add water to the mixture to get a reaction (kind of cheesy method but it will tell you if your solution is still strong/active enough to remove scale)

start at a lower solution than 50% and work up to that number...

and don't forget to get the antifoam

Thanks for the help fellas

Quote Originally Posted by mhamilton247 View Post

start at a lower solution than 50% and work up to that number...
    You are correct and I should have clarified... Don't start at 50%, start at 30% and work up to around 50% depending on pH levels.

When you plan to quote or buy the solution, plan on 50% of total volume. I got my tit in a wringer on my first quote, I only quoted 25 gallons for a 300+ ton machine... I came up just a little short
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

F.Y.I. they say it will remove 2.2 lbs of scale per gallon of product...

Its slower and safer for your equipment than acid... much slower.

guys have anyone use it on silica fouled condenser tubes? I have a 1200 tons chiller heavily fouled with silica.

Quote Originally Posted by techbas View Post
    guys have anyone use it on silica fouled condenser tubes? I have a 1200 tons chiller heavily fouled with silica.
    what it will do is break down what is bonding the silica together. i love the stuff.

probably should call the manufacturer on the silica...

never tried it myself

Thumbs up rydlyme

don't care for the stuff if scale built up need some thing hotter i use tower acid descaler and wear gloves face scheild and monitor it closely! might even let run all night to get best performance!

anyone tried it on aircooled stuff? condenser coils, at Lime facilities.
    Whats the results on eliminators and bundles on towers?
    Vegas has bad water quality, lots of scaling.

works good on tube bundles and drift eliminators(as long as there is flow over the surface area). i havent used it on air cooled condensers but im sure it will work just as effective.

P.s. im in arizona and the company i work for has a guy that goes to vegas frequently he just descaled a tower for a new customer of ours with super results.

becarefull of your ph is to low it will eat through copper tubes ,on those recold .or old dunbush .evap . condesers 'they do make a copper inhibiter 'most of the time with sileca scale being glass its bound up with calcium and magnesium,so it slide out .or pushed out. after you run your acid or solution through it.I ALLWAYS RUN METAIL INHIH .AND COPPER INHIB ,THROUGH IF POSIBLE USE SODA ASH TO NUTRALIZE MY PH .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast