Quote Originally Posted by Gear-Drive Guru View Post
If the evaporator is oil logged then the oil mixed with the refrigerant will be at the bottom of the evaporator where the refrigerant is pooled. If the liquid entering the evaporator has that much oil in it then the oil separators are doing nothing or the unit has been overcharged with oil. The oil separator is efficient as the load increases but does not preform well at part load but does still separate. Has oil ever been added to the chiller?
This chiller has never had oil added to it... Considering the amount of gunk that I have pulled out of the strainer in the oil scavenger line, I am going to check for a clog at both ends of it... I actually have a co-worker coming tomorrow to help me figure this out, he has worked for Trane for 42 years, so I am sure we will get it figured out... I'm a new guy with Trane, only 3 years now so he will once again get me straightened out... His role, considering his tenure, is training now... I appreciate all the input guys and I will definitely post the results of tomorrow's testing...