Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamillion125 View Post
    After further research. The noise is coming from the combustion air inducer. The noise stops when this unit stops, the blower is still on. I"m just looking for some insight, I'm not trying to fix it myself. I just want to be informed when I call in the morning.
    Here you said you weren't trying to fix it yourself???

Why are you trying to find the part to buy online???
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Gunner: The tech just diagnosed the problem. I don't have the $$$ to pay what he was asking for the repair right now. I'm not asking for help doing the actual repair, just info on the replacement Inducer.

hvacman: From the research I've done Lennox is't exactly the best brand either. Packard makes many aftermarket parts for a variety of different appliances, the reviews look very good.

he already has it out of the furnace............obviously he's doing it himself.

prepare for lock down.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

It doesn't matter if its the best or worst. It is designed for the furnace. The volume and velocity of air for the furnace to achieve the most complete combustion and efficiency. The aftermarket will work but at what cost to machine efficiency. Is the savings now worth the increased operating cost and shorteningof the furnace . Is it worth the risk of a life should a problem arise and CO gets in the home ? Like I said before aftermarket parts have there place, just not as a key component!
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

I understand where your coming from hvacman, good points.
    Anyone have an idea how the fan became off balance. Something fell down the exhaust vent? Also why is there a round hole in one of the blades? Notice the chips on the blades.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That fan has horrible working conditions. It very hot, flue gases can be acidic, over time the metal breaks down resulting in an out of balance situation. As for the hole. Thats where the factory attaches the wheel to the housing
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxamillion125 View Post
    Also why is there a round hole in one of the blades? Notice the chips on the blades.

H'mmm let me think, now this is just one of those wild, out yonder guesses, and I know I might be wrong, but I am taking a shot at it. You think that hole might be for getting to the Allen screw holding the wheel onto the motor?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by 2wings View Post
    Obviously a DIY'er, should we tell him about the gaskets?
    Are you referring to just making sure I don't reuse the old gasket?

2wings,

this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

This is treading quite close to DIY territory.

Well I had the new inducer installed. The loud rattling noise is gone. But there is a light humming noise that I can hear through the vents when the inducer starts up and runs, is this normal? I guess I never paid any atention to the inducer untill it was noticalby loud. Is this just normal opperation?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12