+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you guys know about Emcor - Chicago?

Post Likes

What do you guys know about Emcor - Chicago?

What do you guys know about Emcor in Chicago f.k.a. Team Mechanical?

Post Likes
    This company lost all major management after they were bought out. Service manager went to Thermal along with some accounts and techs.

Post Likes
    Do they do any chiller or boiler service?

Post Likes
    i'm sure. they are a major mechanical contractor. if you emai i can give more info.

Post Likes
    Emcor is a signatory branch in Chicago. They do Chiller service and teardowns. Don't know their work load tho.

Post Likes
    when did Emcor get bought?

didn't they purchase Luwa awhile back?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    As far as I know, emcor is a large company who buys up local mechanicals in an effort to go nationwide.they are in big cities such as philly, pitttsburg, chicago etc. havent heard anything of them getting bought out.

Post Likes
    I don't see anywhere that it says they were bough out. In El Paso, the Comfort Systems USA branch was sold to Emcor. The branch still uses it original company name tho, as do many Emcor branches.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Imax View Post
    This company lost all major management after they were bought out. Service manager went to Thermal along with some accounts and techs.
    is he referring to team mechanical?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    He should be, this thread's about Emcor.

Post Likes
    We were bought by Emcor a few years agao. They've been great and I haven't heard others that have been acquired having alot of changes. They stay away as long as the money is rolling in. Its been a good situation for us. We still have the same management team. My understanding is they are the largest mechanical and electrical individual contractor. They are heavy into controls, etc. They do the little things that help like technician networks for support across their companies.

Again, not sure about that comapny, but Emcor has been a great to us.
    Anyone who says this trade is easy, aint doing it right!

If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.

Proud member of the United Association.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by smokies View Post
    We were bought by Emcor a few years agao. They've been great and I haven't heard others that have been acquired having alot of changes. They stay away as long as the money is rolling in. Its been a good situation for us. We still have the same management team. My understanding is they are the largest mechanical and electrical individual contractor. They are heavy into controls, etc. They do the little things that help like technician networks for support across their companies.

Again, not sure about that comapny, but Emcor has been a great to us.
    Were you guys a signatory company before Emcor was involved? If not, does Emcor have a UA National agreement, are they under the NSMA or just the Local agreement?

Post Likes
    Our service techs, fitters/welders, installers, and even our control techs were all in the UA way before Emcor. Sheetmetal and insulators are not. I've been with the company for 18 years next month and as far as I know they always have been union. I don't think there's a national agreement, but I believe they are mostly Union across the board.

So far so good. As I mentioned they leave you along. They are more into asking,"what can we do to help." We were bought and sold before and it was a complete nightmare. The Emcor folks seem to have it figured out. I don't have any complaints.

Post Likes
    I know the NSMA has a BAS addendum, but I haven't met any BAS Techs that were in the UA. I'm thinking about going to work for the local Emcor branch, they are non-Union. I don't have any intention of being the salt, but if any Emcor branch has signed the NSMA with the name "Emcor Group", is it fair game?

Post Likes
    Our control techs work all went through the UA apprenticeship and all worked as service techs/ projects guys. They now install/program controls and still have to play service tech/ project guys. To us that knowledge for a guy programming the system is priceless.

I've never heard of Emcor having a National Agreement.

Not sure how much of their control guys are union, since in at least our area almost all are non-union. We're a large mechanical with a small controls department.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in