+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pully Puller brand

Post Likes

Pully Puller brand

Whats a good brand in your guys opinion? looking for a good set that will last me a while found some on eBay but theyre cal hawk. Any suggestions?

Post Likes
    i dont know of the brand names but i dont like the ultimate puller, id rather get the set with the 3 jaws on it. grainger sells it, seems dicksons and united only sell the ultimate puller which will work but more agravating imo

Post Likes
    I use OTC brand.

Bought the first one in a forgotten auto parts store.

Replacement was bought at Graingers a few years back.

Post Likes
    I like posilock. my fave. is the #106 non reversible caged the spread only goes to 7 inch but thats good enough for me its a 10 ton puller and you can use it with one hand without being able to see your bearing or pully I had a 2 or 3 puller but don't remember the brand maybe a westward. Graingers cost is $185.00 its worth ever cent.

Post Likes
    I'm with Tacker, anything in the posi-lock 3 jaw puller line is awesome. I have 2 of them and love them.

Post Likes
    There is only one puller brand for me.. Posi-Lock.

They are awesome. The cage makes life easy..
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Another vote for Posi-Lock from me.
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Post Likes
    looking at the posilock, never had one before they look neat, what kind of reach do you guys get... ill be using them mostely on exhaust and condensor fans.
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Post Likes
    The 104 is handy for condenser fans with the hub puller kit for condenser fans. I have a 110 which is great for huge sheaves/pulleys/whatever else.

Post Likes
    I agree with the posi lock also. But another puller I found recently was the kukko. Google them and you will find them.... they are really nice.

Post Likes
    Never had any problems using ultimite puller for condenser fans. Posi - lock if you want a good puller.

Post Likes
    Posi Loc its all I use

Sent from my ICS CM9 Touchpad

Post Likes
    i never even knew they came with a cage. that would come in handy in soo many ways. wow. i have to check that out. see if one of the suppliers around here sells it like that.. thx for the tip guys. and yes the ones without the cage gets annoying sometimes.

Post Likes

Smile

What ever one you choose. Make sure it is one piece. These pullers that have multi pieces only get lost in your truck. One piece missing the tool is no good to you. Use Posi-lock. It is heavy but I have had mine for 20 + years. Use sand paper and a little lube and it will make the job much easier. Don't and you will spend more time and sweat doing the same job.

Post Likes
    Ok finally getting around to getting a hub/pulley puller. Just wondering for you guys who have the model 104 or hp-2 kit is it good for pulling big pulleys? And I'm getting into industrial and commercial work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TACKERDOWN View Post
    I like posilock. my fave. is the #106 non reversible caged the spread only goes to 7 inch but thats good enough for me its a 10 ton puller and you can use it with one hand without being able to see your bearing or pully I had a 2 or 3 puller but don't remember the brand maybe a westward. Graingers cost is $185.00 its worth ever cent.
    the only problem ive had with the posi lock is the little extension adapter
    that slips over the drive screw bending . all my other pullers are otc &
    blackhawk most are at least 30 yrs old & still work great.

Post Likes
    I carry a 110 and a 103, but I really wish I had a 104.....

Post Likes
    The "ultimate puller" is very nice for pulling blower wheels ...

http://sensibleproducts.com/ultimatepuller.html

Though it's not for pulleys / sheaves

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by defhvacr View Post
    What ever one you choose. Make sure it is one piece. These pullers that have multi pieces only get lost in your truck. One piece missing the tool is no good to you. Use Posi-lock. It is heavy but I have had mine for 20 + years. Use sand paper and a little lube and it will make the job much easier. Don't and you will spend more time and sweat doing the same job.
    I agree,I use one almost never, I needed it last week and parts were missing, I used my estwing back up lol and broke the damn pulley.

Post Likes
    Jeep,

What model kukko puller do you have?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in