Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trane techview

Quote Originally Posted by Healey Nut View Post
    In the same menu as you find the ASHRAE report is chiller report , its more info than the ashrae report .
    And let get this straight ist not kissingview, kisterview, eaglesnotview keslerview or any other variation therof
    Is KESTRELVIEW named after a small hawk usually seen in the UK . And KESTRELVIEW is ONLY available to Trane service techs using a Trane provided laptop.
    You used to have to plug in a key to your laptop to open Kestrelview but now the software wizards have made it so somehow it recognizes you are on a Trane laptop and it opens automatically .
    Exactly. Save the chiller report (it will be a notepad file). Then open that file in excel. BOOM! Data Log!

You will need to autofit the column headings to make it more readable, and there will be a lot of info you're probably not interested in, but the parameters you want will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Healey Nut View Post
    In the same menu as you find the ASHRAE report is chiller report , its more info than the ashrae report .
    And let get this straight ist not kissingview, kisterview, eaglesnotview keslerview or any other variation therof
    Is KESTRELVIEW named after a small hawk usually seen in the UK . And KESTRELVIEW is ONLY available to Trane service techs using a Trane provided laptop.
    You used to have to plug in a key to your laptop to open Kestrelview but now the software wizards have made it so somehow it recognizes you are on a Trane laptop and it opens automatically .
    Eaglesnotview? I like that one.

I too am an ex-trance employee and cannot use Birdview anymore but then again I do not need it. You have all you need on your computer. When you connect to a chiller CH-530 automatically saves 2 files to your computer. One with the extension LOG and the other TXT. The LOG is used for Birdview and the TXT file is a word document but you do not open it in word. Right click the file and open it in excel or open excel and then open the file (you will need to select all file types to find the txt file) Open as a tab delimited with the data separated by a semi column. There will be a lot of data depending on what the scan time was set to and how many lids are on the system.
    Open And have fun.
    I have taught my techs to use this data in their maintenance sheets and written commissioning forms for offices in Asia which will display ARHAE conditions......all in Excel

Frown

Where is the txt file located? I tried the data log file but it just shows a bunch f text.

Be careful as if you just try to open it that is exactly what will occur.
    There should be 2 files in the Log folder. *.log and *.txt. They will be matched by the same created date. The log file is larger in size. When I get to my pc I will post an example

yep, i think

Quote Originally Posted by Emcorman View Post
    Where is the txt file located? I tried the data log file but it just shows a bunch f text.

I believe that to get a txt file first you have to save an ASHRAE report.
    Give the report a file name and give it a location, from there you can open the report and sign off,

That is the quick way anyhow., KESTREL View is what I would prefer however , *.log to excel is the way to go.
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Smile

I was able to open a data report file in excel and it shows a lot of data from every couple of seconds that I was connected to the dynaview.

Send me the following, I run the data and send you the results and if you like you can have.
    Need design all design conditions, actual pressure drop through vessels and we will see how accurate the in formation is

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12