Blodgett oven

Thread: Blodgett oven

Northern area between Alantic and Pacific

Blodgett oven

Hi, guys. I got a call this AM, A Blodgett oven Not working properly. The temperature lost control. The food in the oven not well done as used to be.I knew the temp prob or the potentialmeter was malfunctional, but I am not sure which one is the real bad guy and I don't want to make double trips. So, I ordered both parts. After I changed them,the oven worked fine. My question is how do you guy find out which one is the real malfunctional parts in this case. the model# of the oven is DFG-100-3.
    Thanks .

The only way to check the temp probe would be to compare your resistance readings at certain temps with the manu. specs. Id say it was best to replace them both at the same time. Im not sure on that model but did you try to adjust the pot on the control board to dial in the temp, ive found that sometimes the vibrations will cause them to loose the calibration, put a dap of white out on it and it seems to stick better

Northern area between Alantic and Pacific
    Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    The only way to check the temp probe would be to compare your resistance readings at certain temps with the manu. specs. Id say it was best to replace them both at the same time. Im not sure on that model but did you try to adjust the pot on the control board to dial in the temp, ive found that sometimes the vibrations will cause them to loose the calibration, put a dap of white out on it and it seems to stick better
    Thanks for your input. No I didnot compare with the specs since I didn't have it. When I checked those parts, they look good to me,but actually the temp not be controlled properly. The dial sit on the controller properly and no vibration there. Most likely the temp probe is the bad guy since it was placed in the harsh condition. But, I still don't want to take chance since there are 30 miles from the job site to the supplier house.