Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast

Lightbulb

National Geographic has acknowledged that Judas may have been instructed by Jesus to turn him over to the authorities as part of divine process.
    These scrolls that NG helped to reconstruct, indicate rather emphatically that Christ lived and they also lend credence to New Testament writings and scripture as well as newly found gnostic literature.
    How will the atheists refute these newfound documents that have been verified by "science" to be authentic??

Wow

If National Geographic said it, I better be prepared for the Apocalypse.Rapture can't be far away.

People have been predicting the end of the world since.....before Nostradamus.....One day I guess they will be right.Every life form dies..... If you have a soul... who knows???Perhaps nothing, perhaps eternal bliss.... maybe damnation......decomposition for sure.

1. Christianity: 2.1 billion
    2. Islam: 1.3 billion
    3. Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
    4. Hinduism: 900 million
    5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
    6. Buddhism: 376 million
    7. primal-indigenous: 300 million
    8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
    9. Sikhism: 23 million
    10. Juche: 19 million
    11. Spiritism: 15 million
    12. Judaism: 14 million
    13. Baha'i: 7 million
    14. Jainism: 4.2 million
    15. Shinto: 4 million
    16. Cao Dai: 4 million
    17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
    18. Tenrikyo: 2 million
    19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million
    20. Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
    21. Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
    22. Scientology: 500 thousand

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

Los of disappointed people no matter how that works out...
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Not concerned with the percentages, the masses and can't be responsible for how "it" turns out for anyone other than me.
    The thread wasn't intended to post what may happen to anyone's poor soul when they die, but rather that Jesus did exist in human form, was arrested, crucified, died and was buried. Science does not and cannot disprove Christ any more than theologians can prove him a saviour.
    It's everyone's choice to believe (or not) if he was God incarnate, saviour and rose from the dead.

I'm a bit confused here. What do atheists have to do with a man that as far as we know, walked on earth. I was under the assumption that an atheist didnt believe in a god. I dont remember atheists claiming that the figures in the bible, never existed.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Re: Wow

Originally posted by sline-dawg
    17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
    18. Tenrikyo: 2 million
    19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million

Tenrikyo Headquarters

Not a bad shack for a poor peasant girl.

Freakin women; they all want a nice big house don't they.

Tenrikyo (Tenrikyτ, lit. Teaching of Divine Reason), also known as Tenri, is a religion of Japanese Shinto origin with some Buddhist influence. It was founded by a female peasant, Nakayama Mika...

Tenriko may be number 18 on the list but it is only about 125 years old. I'm predicting a number one long shot here. Any bets?

[Edited by refrigeration mafia on 04-08-2006 at 12:13 AM]

Originally posted by royc
    I'm a bit confused here. What do atheists have to do with a man that as far as we know, walked on earth. I was under the assumption that an atheist didnt believe in a god. I dont remember atheists claiming that the figures in the bible, never existed.

Roy

Exactly. How in the world could anyone think any of this does anything to the atheist position I beyond me? The document is second century so it can hardly be a first hand account. Just like the other gospels they were written long after the alleged time of this guy who may or may not have existed.

Now let's assume for a second that god exist and that the bible was indeed inspired by him to guide us in our lives. If the GoJ is for real then that means he screwed up big time leaving his words in the hands of man to loose it for all this time. Valuable salvation information was deprived for 2000 years of generations! OPPS!

Originally posted by chillbilly
    National Geographic has acknowledged that Judas may have been instructed by Jesus to turn him over to the authorities as part of divine process.
    These scrolls that NG helped to reconstruct, indicate rather emphatically that Christ lived and they also lend credence to New Testament writings and scripture as well as newly found gnostic literature.
    How will the atheists refute these newfound documents that have been verified by "science" to be authentic??
    Science has verfied that the document dates from the second century. Unfortunately for bible enthusiasts, the document was written well after the events it describes by someone who was not a witness to these events.

The document has no more historical validity than a ancient copy of Roman myths.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by royc
    I dont remember atheists claiming that the figures in the bible, never existed.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Did you stick around long enough to eliminate your confusion ROY?
    The response to your post verifies that atheists indeed do claim that Christ never existed as evidenced by the post directly below yours.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by braces4impact
    Just like the other gospels they were written long after the alleged time of this guy who may or may not have existed.
    Now let's assume for a second that god exist and that the bible was indeed inspired by him to guide us in our lives. If the GoJ is for real then that means he screwed up big time leaving his words in the hands of man to loose it for all this time. Valuable salvation information was deprived for 2000 years of generations! OPPS!

----------------------------------------------------------

God's word is written in the Bible, unequivocally the most read and inspiring text that has ever existed. I'd say that's more than enough proof that God doesn't "screw up" as you so shallowly assert.

There are several so called "gospels" that are believed to have come from the Gnostics, however, they really can't be relied on. Gnostics did not believe that Christ was God incarnate.

While Gnosis is to "Know", what they knew was not the plan of salvation listed in the scriptures.

Originally posted by royc

Roy
    You don't? Were have you been?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by geerair
    Science has verfied that the document dates from the second century. Unfortunately for bible enthusiasts, the document was written well after the events it describes by someone who was not a witness to these events.

Any and all historical documents are written after the events take place, genius.
    There are a multitude of historians that have never witnessed the history they write about, hence the word history, the past events in a period of time.

Originally posted by geerair

The document has no more historical validity than a ancient copy of Roman myths. [/B]
    Much like, say, Homer's Illiad?

Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast