TrueIAQ giving wrong humidity readings? Istall vanEE ERV?

Hi. Here is some background info, my main questions are in bold at the bottom. Thank you in advance for your time.

I own a newly built (1yr old) 3,200 sq ft home not incl. basement (9ft ceilings on main, 8ft basement and upper flr) with hardwood on main and upper hallways. We live in the Toronto area in Ontario, Canada.

We have a Honeywell TrueSteam Direct Injection Humidifier HM512W1005 with the TrueIAQ control. Everything was professionally installed by the company I purchased through. Installed on furnace supply hot duct.

Humidity control (TrueIAQ) is set to 45% currently. Shows inside humidity is 43%. Independent humidistats located throughout home read 30%? Why the huge discrepancy? It is extremely dry in the house-hardwood, casings, etc. shrinking.

But here is the kicker-condensation on the bottom of he glass of all my windows every morning.

I have spent countless hours researching and trying to correct this for 2 winters now and I am considering having an ERV installed based on information I have found on my own. However, on the advice of my HVAC salesrep to get the condensation under control so I don't have to incur the ERV expense I have had furnace fan and main exhaust fan (one linked to main thermostat) in home running 24/7. Hasn't helped at all. So I am reluctant to invest more money on an ERV if it isn't going to help. I get that an ERV will improve the air quality in my home-but the humidity is my main issue currently.

Can anyone offer me advice on this? Main questions are why the difference in the TrueIAQ and independent humidistats? And will an ERV help/correct the problem? And is an ERV (vanEE 90H) with basic basement install going to be sufficient($$) or should it be ducted throughout house($$$$)?

Thank you again for your time.

If you get a sweat band on the bottom of windows without dripping onto the frame, you are at your max moisture levels in the home. In otherwords this is ideal. If humidification is required to maintain this condition, you are getting enough fresh air during cold windy weather.
    More fresh dry air- less condensation.
    More humidification-more condensation.
    Warmer inside temperature-warmer glass/less condensation.
    Window covering makes glass colder-more condensation.
    Colder outside temperature make glass colder-more sweating.
    During warmer weather, natural ventilation rates decline. With windows closed during mild weather, you need fresh air ventilation. A simple make-up air ventilation maybe most practical. In climates with +60^F dew points, you need a good dehumidifier to maintain <50%RH inside the home.
    What is so hard about this?
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"