Thread: AC line routing

AC line routing

I'm researching replacing my 33 year old A/C, and would like the new line set routed differently.

It currently takes an almost level (evaporator inlet on air handler is approximately 1 foot below the condenser's connections) but circuitous route (multiple elbows).

If the new line was routed as shown in the attached picture, it would have a roughly 3 foot-high arch near the air handler. Would this be a problem?

Thanks.

- Bill

Shouldn't be an issue, most units can work with up to 100 feet of line set and 20+ feet of rise at a minimum so you should be fine. But only a pro after seeing you home and circumstances can verify that.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Quote Originally Posted by wwh View Post
    I'm researching replacing my 33 year old A/C, and would like the new line set routed differently.

It currently takes an almost level (evaporator inlet on air handler is approximately 1 foot below the condenser's connections) but circuitous route (multiple elbows).

If the new line was routed as shown in the attached picture, it would have a roughly 3 foot-high arch near the air handler. Would this be a problem?

Thanks.

- Bill
    There is nothing wrong or unusual provided the proper tubing dimension is used.