First American Home Buyers Protection Program?

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences, good or bad, with these folks, its www.firstam.com, it was offered to me for free when i purchased this house and wanted to see what you folks thought about it?
    if anyone can chime in and let me know that would be great.
    thanks

I think in terms of HVAC, it's not worth the paper it written on. They will send out more often than not, "parts changers" who won't actually solve the issue and do as cheap and quick of a job as possible. They'll spend the least possible to get it going just long enough for the home warranty to expire.

In some cases the repairs they make could make things worse and you could end up spending as much or even more later to fix it correctly.

I'd rather have a really good inspection done, and the same money put towards actually fixing things correctly or just reducing the sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by rockey95 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences, good or bad, with these folks, its www.firstam.com, it was offered to me for free when i purchased this house and wanted to see what you folks thought about it?
    if anyone can chime in and let me know that would be great.
    thanks
    Run for safety!

That's all it's worth.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

If you fold their contract carefully and place it next to your body, it'll make you feel warmer. Truthfully, that is about as warm as having this coverage will make you. WAY TO MUCH FINE PRINT within these contracts to do anything other than seperate you from your money. We have NEVER had a good experience with a home warranty company and most we will not even attempt to deal with. HORRIBLE product IMO. KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET, SAVE IT FOR ANY FUTURE REPAIRS. What they'll charge you for what they call "coverage" added to what you'll "somehow" also end up paying for any repair is way too much.

Wife, our experiences have been much the same as you describe!!! Horrible to say the least.

skooterswife,

this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

free that's about all it's worth ,I'm not a fan of home warranty companies to make major repairs but if it it a minor repair they are ok

acservice, This is the Ask Our Pro's or AOP forum. In order to post responses here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. Please see my signature line for links to register and review the AOP Forum Rules. Thank you. Your post will now be deleted. Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

You also might want to type in complete sentences with punctuation. Yours is hard to read. Please register.

Run!, they use sub par contractors to install cheap crap!
    Total Energy Management, inc

Haleydo,

this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.