Pull chain adjuster for high wall register???

Hi. I'm new to this forum. Here's my question:

Where can I purchase a HVAC register that is adjustable with a PULL CHAIN (like for opening/closing curtains), or a similar device?

I have a wall register that is about 8 feet high from the floor. It's in a room that often requires adjustment (increase or decrease) of airflow depending on various factors, most important of which is the sun coming in from one of the windows. There is only one register in the room.

I looked on the internet and I found NOTHING. Without a "pull chain" adjuster, my options seem to be the following:

1. Get an adjustable register that has a simple short lever and then put a pole in the room so that I can reach the lever without getting on a ladder each time I want to adjust it.

2. Get an inline duct damper that is controlled by a thermostat in the room. This requires electrical wiring and is EXPENSIVE!

Neither of the above two options seem very attractive to me. A pull chain seems like an ideal solution ... or ... am I the only person in the world that wants to easily and inexpensively adjust the amount of airflow in a room with one high wall register?

Where can I purchase a "pull chain" register ... or ... maybe you have a better solution to my problem.

Thanks,

- Simon

how do you pull the chain back up?
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    how do you pull the chain back up?
    Well ... I imagine it would work like window curtains. There are two "sides" to the cord. If you can imagine a cord going around a little wheel that is connected to the register vents. You pull one side of the cord (or chain) down and the register opens. You pull the other side of the cord down and the register closes.

Any suggestions?

- Simon

no such animal that i know of.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    no such animal that i know of.
    Tinner73 -

Thanks for giving it a try.

- Simon