Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    [QUOTE=Mnfreeze;12307211] I have worked and walked in some of the worst and safest places in America. No matter what I will not walk or work in fear. I fear no man or woman. [/

Come to Detroit. Trust me, I can take you to some "hoods" that I guarantee that you would not think about getting out of the truck. On second thought, in those "hoods" you may not get the choice, you just might get "jacked" driving thru there.

Yes, I had someone to attempt to rob me @ gunpoint. Acted too crazy for the coward to pull the trigger. His partner said "that man is crazy, leave him". This is a true story. I will end this with. I'm here to discuss HVAC. I said my part. And yes, I only fear GOD. For man can only take the flesh, GOD can take your soul. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    No offense but this is complete and utter BS.

You fear no man or woman? Have you ever had someone stick a .38spl to your head and demand your wallet? I know for a fact you would fear that person and do exactly as they demand.

As for your statement about being robbed outside a Bloomingdale's as easily as a Dollar Tree... You must live under a rock if you think you have the same odds of becoming a victim of crime in a rich neighborhood vs a ghetto slum.

A cracked out psychopath doesn't care how you carry yourself, they may however care what you are carrying, I prefer a Glock 23.

I will chalk this up to big boy, chest puffing, I am 7ft tall 300lb, internet talk.

Pull your head out of your
    +1

Acting like a crazy fool, is more likely to GET you shot. The gun stats crowed by MN is also FALSE. The opposite is actually true. It only takes a bit of research to show that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnfreeze View Post
    Yes, I had someone to attempt to rob me @ gunpoint. Acted too crazy for the coward to pull the trigger. His partner said "that man is crazy, leave him". This is a true story. I will end this with. I'm here to discuss HVAC. I said my part. And yes, I only fear GOD. For man can only take the flesh, GOD can take your soul. Period.

Sure, totally believable.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Quote Originally Posted by daniel87829 View Post

you know if all the: hvac, plumbers, pipe-fitters, electricians, general contractors and mechanics left the stink hole that is Chicago, all would change.

my toilet is clogged, crappy gun laws
    my house is cold/hot, crappy gun laws
    my car is broked, crappy gun laws
    my foundation is caving in, crappy gun laws

even king god emperor daley and stooges/ coneys would be affected by their actions

His highness King Daley retired last year. The Rahmfather is now in charge.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

well I ran plenty of no heats in the worst hoods in Detroit when i started out years ago. now I did all service calls alone I was the only one in the company that seemed to get along in the getto for some odd reason and the other guys were to chicken **** to take the calls. I told my boss that if call came in after 9 pm it was my call to go or not and he was fine with that. I never did a/c at night in bad areas as far as doing a no heat, i have to tell you what, when I pulled up to the house and I rang the bell I told the customer stand at the door and watch my truck if because if someone is ripping off my truck their ripping off the parts to get your heat going and they would lol it worked everytime. now on the other hand since i started to do commercial its a much different, story i mean while your on the roof they are cleaning out your truck. so if you do not want to work in a getto you might want to get out of the trade because they are out there and need to be serviced.

Quote Originally Posted by temp rise View Post
    now on the other hand since i started to do commercial its a much different, story i mean while your on the roof they are cleaning out your truck.
    LMAO. Reminds me of a story. I was working on top of a post office in Detroit when my phone rings. It's my boss. "What are you doing?". I'm fixin this roof top. "Can you see your truck?". Sure, let me walk over to the edge of the roof. WTH? The back door of my truck is wide open and some dude is standin there. I'm goin down to kick his a$$. "Wait a minute, thats a cop". Huh? Turns out that Farmington police were tailin this thief so that they could bust him. The idiot Farmington cop told me that he had to watch this guy clean out my truck because it wasn't his jurisdiction and he couldn't get a Detroit cop to show up. Talk about pissed off

nothing to fear but fear itself.

Knew a welder that worked for himself and had a home shop and a box truck to do jobs on site. In St. Louis South county and North county Its mandatory to cage in the condensers. He did all of ours. First time i met him he pulled up and hopped out of the box truck and was carrying his stuff up to the house 70yds away and around a corner. I asked - Your going to leave your door open?? Yep. Go get my grinder will ya. When I got there the two mastifs lunged at me like i was next on the kill list. They were not chained in! He said he was robbed once, never again. They didnt leave the truck. I was amazed.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

There's money to be made in bad neighborhoods, at least in the commercial end of the business. Alot of people won't service the restaurants, and of those that do, many are hacks. Plus crime is good for business. Copper thieves, climbing thru exhaust duct work to enter buildings and the like. Used to service a chicken processing plant around 95th and the Dan Ryan. The copper thieves raped the roof twice in a short timspan before they hired a full time security company. Downside, dead bodies in bathrooms, decapitated bodies in allys, transexual crackheads hitting on you.
    You know you're in a bad neighborhood when the toilet paper is chained to the wall in the bathrooms.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

[QUOTE=monkeyman#1;12307731]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnfreeze View Post
    I have worked and walked in some of the worst and safest places in America. No matter what I will not walk or work in fear. I fear no man or woman. [/

Come to Detroit. Trust me, I can take you to some "hoods" that I guarantee that you would not think about getting out of the truck. On second thought, in those "hoods" you may not get the choice, you just might get "jacked" driving thru there.
    yea right

[QUOTE=keeplearnin;12348091]
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman#1 View Post

yea right
    Ummm, I think that you may be confused. I was responding to Mnfreezes post about not fearing any man. Trust me, I keep a healthy dose of awareness in those neighborhoods. And if by chance your comment was directed towards my response about Detroit hoods, well, all I can say is that you obviously have not been here.

Being new to the trade, I've no choice but to run calls in bad areas - north St. Louis and county and surrounding ares. They do try to only run them in the morning and I can refuse an on-call to those areas (tell them I am booked till the AM).

I just keep the truck locked and my core tools with me at all times. I have a KUV with enough locking doors to keep the more expensive items relatively safe.

The only trouble I really had was a younger guy not wanting to pay for a "minor repair" after I got him back into heat when his GV was failing (wrapped it with the handle of a nut driver at the appropriate time). He raised his voice, which prompted his hoodlum buddies to come into the kitchen and hover menacingly. I asked him how much he thought it was worth and he said $60. I took it and told the office if he changed his mind and ordered the valve to add $40.

Still...I hate to see certain zip codes pop up. Mansion one call, ghetto flat the next. Whatcha gonna do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast