Threaded View

Bryant Evolution Warranty Question

I had a Bryant Evolution A/C system installed when my home was built (Dec 2004). When I upgraded to the Evolution system instead of the basic A/C system, the installer said it came with an upgraded 10 year 100% parts and labor warranty.

The original installer has gone out of business and my warranty was transferred to another local dealer/service company that is relatively new to the business.

Until recently, I have not had to pay for any service calls and this system has had many failures (e.g. failed compressor, failed zone board, stuck open bypass damper, etc.).

We recently noticed that several zones were not getting any air and the service techs reported that 2 damper motors have burned out. They have since notified me that Bryant claims the damper motors are not covered by my warranty since they are accessories. I have called Bryant and talked to a 1st level tech who said yes the motors were covered, but a subsequent call to a 2nd level tech said no, they are accessories and not covered but no clear explanation as to how the motors are considered accessories.

Aren't the damper motors needed for a zone system, how can they be an accessory?

I'd appreciate if any Bryant dealers can help me better understand this situation. Are the damper motors really accessories?

Thanks!
    Last edited by raynman; 01-27-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typing mistakes