Trane 16i Resonating Issue (Resolved)

The installer came out and put 4 2x2 3/4 inch thick rubber pieces under the unit and the resonating in the walls of my house is gone almost 100%.
    I have a block house and it was inside the walls, mainly interior walls not the block walls, but it was traveling through the ground. One way we could really tell was there is a pipe coming through the ground into my power meter its about 5 feet from the heat pump and it was vibrating. After he installed the rubber pieces it did not vibrate anylonger.

The one thing I kept asking them was about this kit from Trane BAYISLT101.

Does anyone know how many rubber isolators this comes with and what shape they are? How about the price of this kit is is relatively inexpensive?
    I want to buy this from them but they are giving me a hard time. If it only has 4 small pieces I may forget about it but if it has more and they are larger ( which I believe would be the case ) I want to get it.

I will geta picture but just like I said they used a regualr 2x2 piece of rubber thats about 3/4 inch thick. I actaull tjust spoke with the sales man and he said the real ones in teh kit are 5 pieces an they will charge $$ to get an install them. He did not know what they looked like.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 01-27-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Pricing

Here is a link to the picture of the rubber spacer. I think I might get the actual isolator kit I think it will be better. Do any pro's on here have a comment about this?

rubber isolator

clydesdale, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I talked to the installer again and I am going with the Trane Isolators - BAYISLT101
    I found this description in the PDF document - Trane XL16i Product Data.pdf
    PUB. NO. 22-1754-06

I just wish they had pictures somewhere online.

Description:
    Rubber Isolators — 5 large rubber donuts to isolate condensing unit from transmitting energy into mounting frame or pad. Use on any application where sound transmission needs to be minimized.

My email address is in my profile.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The installer came out and for $ more dollars they installed 5 - 2 inch diameter, 3 to 4 inch high round rubber isolators. The look like the insulation that goes around a 3/4 inch copper or PVC tube. It has a hole in it just like the insulation but they are solid rubber without the slit. It basically allows the unit to float about a 1/4 inch above the ground. Once it is strapped down to the ground it won't float around. It was about 10-20 percent better/quiter than the solid rubber pads. You also cant see them because they are up under the unit. I had to help the guy install them because it was a little tricky for one person.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-06-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: price