more knowledge

Thread: more knowledge

Did you know .........

1. It is impossible to lick your elbow.

2. A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out.

3. A shrimp's heart is in their head.

4. People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.

5. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

6. A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

7. Between 1937 and 1945 Heinz produced a version of Alphabetic Spaghetti especially for the German market that consisted solely of little pasta swastikas.

8. In average, a human being will spend two weeks kissing during their lifetime.

9. More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

10. Rats and horses can't vomit.

11. The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

12. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. if you keep your eyes open by
    force, they can pop out.

13. Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.

14. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

15. If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

16. In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.

17. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

18. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

19. A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

20. Twenty three percent of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.

21. In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.

22. Most lipstick contains fish scales.

23. Cat's urine glows under a black-light.

24. Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.

25. Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.

Don't interrupt me while i'm talking to myself

I wonder if the quacker you buy in the sporting goods store to call ducks will echo? Anyone got one to try it?

Originally posted by gerryboy00

Did you know .........

18. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
    and some men that hit on women are actually dumb enough to use there wife's e-mail!!!!! ( 1 of the many reasons I
    choose to be celibate till the right man comes along.)

90% of married men cheat in America, The other 10 % do it in Europe. (dont get bent, it's a joke I heard)

And here's some funny ones Dave sent me.

New Words Of Wisdom

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2. If you had to identify, in one word,the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its
    full potential, that word would be "meetings"

3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5. And when God, who created the entire universe with all of its glories, decides to deliver a message to
    humanity, He WILL NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.

6. You should not confuse your career with your life.

7. No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.

8. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing
    to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

9. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

10. Never lick a steak knife.

11. Take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.

12. The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.

13. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight
    savings time.

14. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless
    you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

15. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday.That
    time is age eleven.

16. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic
    background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers.

17. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.

18. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention.
    It never fails.)

19. Your friends love you anyway.

Thought for the day: Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large
    group of professionals built the Titanic.

[Edited by BJ on 01-19-2002 at 03:29 AM]

Those were good also, BJ.
    I was hoping to get an answer to my ? so I can sleep tonite

No, I believe it doesn't. At least I have never been able to get my duck call to echo.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!