+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lennox G26 replacement circuit board

Post Likes

Lennox G26 replacement circuit board

working on a lennox M# G26Q4/5-75-3 s# 5897G 49156 replacing old board 63K8901 with a 83M00 sure light replacement kit as soon as power is applied i get an instant alternating fast flash which means--improper ground, low line voltage, open ignitor circuit or bad ignitor. believe me when i tell you that is all good. spent an hour on phone with lennox tech--found crossed neutrals for the inducer motor and the ignitor in the molex adapter that came with the new board. but still did not fix the problem--when i power the new board i get an instant alt fast flash inducer motor will run for 5 seconds shut off then that is it--game over. i was wondering if anyone has run into this problem with Lennox boards and what they did to fix it. thanx--Chris

Post Likes
    I've used a lot of those boards and never had an issue. Please post the findings when you get to the bottom of it.

Post Likes
    Chris, I have seen the same error code many times before. The 63k89 was really bad about it. I did the same thing you have, checked voltage, polarity, ignitor, and ground...all ok. If it is not the ignitor plug itself, ( loose connection) , you probably have a new BAD board. 90% of the time the board is to blame when you see that fault, but i always go through the motions first before replacing it. Our lennox rep. told us that alt. fast flash error code was usually a board issue. Hopefully this helps, please let me know what u find

Post Likes
    thanx guys!! maybe i did get a bad apple--thankfully the blower relay went bad on the old board--so he at least he has heat--just has to deal with constant fan--ill post any updates when i get them--hopefully they will be good ones--thanx again fellas!!!

Post Likes
    If installing the original board and wiring the blower hot gained u heat, then that is telling me the voltage, ignitor, ignitor circuit and ground are ok. Sure makes me wonder what is causing this particular fualt, i find it hard to believe it is a manufacturing defect as many times as lennox has seen this. You would think they would have corrected that by now, i have seen this exact senerio many times and sent several boards back for warrenty. Maybe static discharge from packaging!! I haven't had any DOA, but have had a few fail within the first year. I don't think it is just me, because like i said before, our lennox tech support guy made the comment that it is usually a board. If anyone else has any suggestions....please feel free to comment.

Post Likes
    ordered a new 83M00 circuit board--installed it and it took right off--been a couple of days now and all is quiet from the customer--i think its fixed--thanks again for your knowledge and experience

Post Likes

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by exquid97 View Post
    ordered a new 83M00 circuit board--installed it and it took right off--been a couple of days now and all is quiet from the customer--i think its fixed--thanks again for your knowledge and experience
    Hey, Thanks for the update. Installed quite a few with no problem. If it does happen, I know what to do.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in