Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Looking at my Bryant Evolution Thermostat in the advance settings. I noticed in the "fault" history, I have 8 faults listed as "32-Low pressure switch open". My HVAC company is coming out tomorrow to do the annual spring service on my air unit, and I will ask them to check it, but am just curious as to what the fault is. I have not noticed any difference in my furnace operation.

If it says low pressure it's probably talking about the refrigerant pressure, which means you might have a leak. Others on this site will say pressures mean nothing, Pure bull.

That would be why your furnace works fine. The furnace is completely seperate form the A/C, with the exception of the blower.

Pressures alone mean nothing

Talking

Originally posted by docholiday
    Pressures alone mean nothing
    that's right Doc......remeber this line?"why i know Ike,let's have a spelling contest"....hope you are doing okay Doc

It means nothing that the control board is seeing the pressure switch make sooner than the inducer RPM it thinks the pressure switch should make.

There's nothing wrong.

Your exhaust system is likely just a bit oversized for the application.

Don't bend your tech over a barrel on this one as he likely won't know the answer.

Originally posted by makinmoney
    If it says low pressure it's probably talking about the refrigerant pressure, which means you might have a leak. Others on this site will say pressures mean nothing, Pure bull.

That would be why your furnace works fine. The furnace is completely seperate form the A/C, with the exception of the blower.
    Why on God's green earth would you answer the man's question with absolutely no understanding of the Evolution control? Misinformation like this really hurts the tech that has to answer to this homeowner.

Tech was out Friday, He thinks that with the short exhaust run that I have, on windy days, the wind shoots directly into the exhaust, which is momentarily making the unit think there may be a blockage. He was not sure how to handle it, so he is turning it over to his boss to have him look at it. May have to reroute the exhaust. I am going to watch it daily for more "events" and try to keep track of wind direction, etc, on that particular day. I have one of the concentric (?) vents on the outside.

Your tech is likely wrong. As I presumed, you have a short exhaust. Therefore, it takes a lower RPM for the exhaust fan to close the pressure switch. If the RPM is lower than factory testing, then you get code 32. As I stated, it's not a problem.

We had this same problem with a customer. It only happens every 3 or 4 weeks. The first time I was out the tubing was crimped closed behind the inducer housing. The next time another tech replaced the pressure switches. Finally Carrier tells us to replace the circuit board because they were getting alot of problem calls with infinity furnace matched with infinity controller.
    They said the problems weren't happening with standard thermostats.

Error code 32 Bryant furnace

My Bryant furnace quit working. I was getting the code 32 reading. Someone said that there may be some debris that has made it's way into the intake. I hooked up my shop vac to the outside pipes and sure enough pieces of leaf debris came out. I went back in...turned the furnace back on....and voila....it fired right up. We had some windy days prior to this event, so some leaves must have got kicked up and sucked in.
    Last edited by jplpmn; 11-19-2007 at 10:45 PM. Reason: removed email address

You may want to remove your email from your post and put it in your profile so internet robots don't get to it.

"Therefore, it takes a lower RPM for the exhaust fan to close the pressure switch. If the RPM is lower than factory testing, then you get code 32. As I stated, it's not a problem."
    I didn't follow the reasoning on this, what do you mean by "lower than factory testing", and why would make it more likely, is this a vs fan? Are we talking about an inducer fan? Thanks.
    Last edited by ZZZRSC; 11-19-2007 at 10:38 PM. Reason: confused

Does it actually monitor the inducer rpm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast