Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fieldpiece manometer ?

Was on Ebay and just dove in head first at the last minute on a fieldpiece dual port manometer attactment. Any input on how well these work and are they capable of reading lower pressures accuratly enough for say pressure switch or inducer testing ?

Quote Originally Posted by westmorelnd View Post
    Was on Ebay and just dove in head first at the last minute on a fieldpiece dual port manometer attactment. Any input on how well these work and are they capable of reading lower pressures accuratly enough for say pressure switch or inducer testing ?
    This is actually written in the owner's manual.

"Special purpose static pressure instruments
    are on the market with better accuracy and
    temperature compensation, but they typically cost
    much more than the AMN2."

IMO, having tried out the AMN2, there is a very good reason for the higher cost of those other manometers on the market with better accuracy and temperature compensation. Those more expensive manometers actually work. You get what you pay for most of the time. I'm not knocking Fieldpiece. I own several Fieldpiece items. I don't however use them when accuracy is important. They are lower end tools at a lower cost, and you shouldn't expect them to perform like their high end counterparts. For what they're designed for, they're excellent. IMO, in the case of the AMN2, the people at FP tried to stretch the capabilities a bit too far. This accessory is not accurate or consistent enough in the 0.01 mode to have included that range as a feature.

I have the single port AMN2 and the SDMN5, a stand alone dual port. I use the AMN2 everyday checking gas pressure. I occasionally use the SDMN5 confirm readings or checking inlet and outlet pressures at the same time. My only complaint is that I need to re-zero the AMN2 often because after a minute or so .1" w.c. is added to the reading. I have used them for pressure switch and inducer testing and thought they worked fine.

not a fan of any FP accesory heads.

i've got a couple i'll sell ya. PM me if interested.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I have a standalone dual port Fieldpiece mano. I use it for gp testing and static, but wouldn't trust it on overfire draft or very low readings. I've owned 2 of these, and like other techs I work with, have a complaint about having to zero it all of the time. I was suckered into the combustion check Fieldpiece SOX2; big waste of money. I used it all of five times, and the rubber bulb split. Replaced the bulb, used 1 more time, and it tells me there is 27% Oxygen in a boiler flue I was testing. I think I'm gonna give it away. I bought a real Testo full kit, but it wasn't cheap. I don't hate Fieldpiece, but like others, I wouldn't consider them high quality by any means, hence the low price. I'm still using the manometer, but I don't trust them to be very precise. I often check it against my magnehelic to make sure it's not too far off. I don't use any other electric meter but Fluke; to me, they've earned my trust.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    not a fan of any FP accesory heads.

i've got a couple i'll sell ya. PM me if interested.
    I'm interested in a couple FP heads but cant find the PMs here, are they pro member only?
    If you're willing to ship up north I'm at jjshamilton at gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    I don't however use them when accuracy is important. They are lower end tools at a lower cost, and you shouldn't expect them to perform like their high end counterparts.
    Let not forget even expensive Fluke products can have accuracy issues. I personally think the HS36 is superior to the 902 in terms of resilution and accuracy basing reads against several meters manufacturers.
    You're Only As Good As Your Last Service Call or Install.....Make it Count!

I have the dualport fieldpiece and like the others mentioned it works fine for SP, gas valves, etc but I too don't trust it for drafting. My only beef with it as a tool is the zeroing which isn't a big deal if you get used to it I zero before each reading out of habit don't even notice it really, and the barbs on the top are a bit cheesy I broke one already by just keeping it in my tool bag.

I have been using the SDMN5 for 8 yrs now with no problems. I use it to set up duel regs, leak test, ect. I won't use anything else.

I love FP, but will only purchase the stand alone versions now. They seem to be of higher quality than the acc head attachments. At one point I owned every acc head available at the time. Sold most as my skills increased (i.e. HVAC Guide, sh/sc head ect..)
    Hated using the amn2 due to zeroing issues. Picked up the sdmn5 and the srh2, both being stand alone. Will give review on srh2 as cooling season gets into full swing.
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

i'm in the market for a digital manometer myself, i have the older version testo single button manometer but its gone all alzhimerie on me (no stability, constantly climbing or lowering #'s). i would just kick out the $$$ and get a nice dwyer, though i'm not sure which one to get (one that has the ability to do pitot tube measurements preferably).

i have the single head manometer by field piece, the only thing i've ever used it for is gas manifold pressure setting anyhow, wouldn't trust it on anything else.
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

testo 510 and you won't look back

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    testo 510 and you won't look back
    I was looking at this one also, using a uei for now, but need to buy my own, this one does look good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast